Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Finally got to say NO!

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mlk, What a feeling! Good for you and be proud of your 20 days! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
16 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! 19 days in the books and great bones! I know exactly what you mean -- I recently have had to fill out a number of medical questionnaires and it's startling to get to the part, "Do you smoke?" "How many cigarettes per day?" The first time I automatically filled in "Yes", then told myself, "Wait a minute -- you don't smoke!" That felt so good! You'll find that as you go, you'll just keep discovering more and more "perks" of being a nonsmoker. You're off to a fantastic and very positive start -- keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 184 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,392 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1472 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By far my greatest reward for not smoking was last week, I just haven't had a chance to post it here. I went for a bone density test and I had to answer some questions regarding my medical history. It asked "Do you smoke?" and I was able to answer NO for the first time in 30+ years! It was such a great feeling. It was just as rewarding to find out I have the bones of a 30 year old,even if they are in a 48 year old body!! Fortunately smoking has not yet taken over my bones, all the more reason to keep the quit! I still can't believe I have made it almost 3 weeks without a cigarette! Ain't life grand? Here's hoping Alohakeia is still walking beside me with her quit and hoping all others stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: