Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,476 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

45 HOURS!!!!

17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had to reply to myself so my quit meter would show... even though it isn't precise!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Thanks to everyone for your encouraging comments! I was just reading some of the new posts for today, and I think you all and this site have helped me more than anything. It's just so encouraging! The mornings when I get up are the hardest. I mean... who has nicorette with their coffee? I'm so nervous and anxious feeling in the morning that I use the nicorette to hopefully calm me down a bit. The rest of the days haven't been bad. While I'm obsessed with thinking about smoking, I also know that I need to start thinking about my regular life demands again soon, as school starts in a week, and I have to be "present" in all ways, or I can't teach anyone anything! Going to my office today and see how well I can concentrate on something. I especially have liked the comments on how stopping has changed your lives and made you become a different person. I have no idea what I'm like as a non-smoker... it's been too long. I'll be happy to find out. I'm just rambling this morning. Thanks for listening. Also, welcome back Phillip. I read your posts on when you quit, and found them very inspiring!
Thanks, ItsIronic. Love your guy! Day three... feeling crappy today. I'm tired, coughing, have a bit of a headache and fighting with myself over going to my office. Thinking of going back to bed for awhile instead. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
ItsIronic, I love your animations... I'm going to have to get some of my own, because they make me laugh! Thanks for your support. Still have a headache, but know it will be better tomorrow. Not feeling too bad really. I left another post under my previous one called "Encourage me, please". The rewards are fun... it's all about nurturing ourselves, and cigs aren't nurturing us! Thanks for your support! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Thanks! I needed to be told that. When school starts next week, it will be nuts, and I usually try to work this week to offset some of it. Am thinking I'll just take one day this week and go to work, and otherwise, do what I'm doing. It won't be the end of the world, and I'm more important right now. Yes... always put pressure on myself. I am one of those people who think I always have to be productive. Hoping to get over that one of these days as well! Big smoke starter: My ex-husband just stopped by to drop something off, and while we get along great, seeing him always makes me smoke after he leaves... immediately even if I didn't want one before. I felt the urge, wondered... gosh what do I do? I ate a couple of cashews and came here. Well... I now have a bit of an idea of what stressers are going to feel like! I lived! Back to MY lovely life!
Sorry... but I had to brag! I'm so excited... I've never gone this long without smoking, other than once when I was sick, and couldn't smoke. I'm feeling good... I'm going to do it and survive! Thanks to everyone on here... it really has helped. Day 2 was easier than Day 1, and tomorrow, I'll be out of the house more, so I'm hoping it will be even easier. I can't wait to run and be able to breathe! I've accomplished next to nothing the past two days, but I've accomplished MORE in the past two days than in the past 30 years! Hmmm.. is that an oxymoron? Whatever... thank you everyone... this site has been so helpful, and I've had some pretty good laughs reading some of the current and older posts! JoAnn
Good advice... on winging it. You hit that right on! I don't smoke at work, so I think that will help. I have a plan for when I feel stressed and WANT to smoke the minute I get home. The key for me will be de-stressing before I come home. The mornings have been the hardest for me. I haven't slept well, and then I feel anxious for about 30 minutes after I get up... anxious as if something is horribly wrong, and I just have to wait it out. I've been winning the battle each and every morning! So proud of my 72 hours! Was laying in bed this morning thinking how much better my sinuses are feeling. Thanks for all your advice! I appreciate it!!! :)
17 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Interesting! I think your excitement is contageous 'cause I'm genuinely happy for you, too!! It seems like the decision to stop smoking is actually the hardest part of the whole thing because once you put the ciggies down for good, you really do start feeling better not only physically, but emotionally as well! So congratulations to your first 45 hours of freedom and the many many more to come!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting: I send you tons of bouquets tonight! You have done such a great job. I'm glad you're patting yourself on the back -- that's what you should be doing. And let us join in! Keep the faith -- and the quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to say I fully agree with Windy. It takes time, lots of time to get to feeling some sort of normalcy. So be gentle on yourself and take each moment of each day slowly. It'll all come together with time. Also, if you don't have anything pending (like having to go to work) and you feel like laying down, go for it! Lots of ((((((((((hugs))))))))) of support... Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $567 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: