Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

My 30 Day Reward - YOUR REWARDS?

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Healer, Congratulations on reaching that *next* milestone, and taking the time and effort to reward your hard work. You're asking about rewards... My very first reward came at the one week point... I went to the dentist and had my teeth cleaned! All those layers of Nicotine being stripped away was a WONDERFUL feeling. I LOVE music.... I listen to pop/rock (young music for an old guy (I'm 35, so not that old)) So I usually try to allow myself an album download from iTunes every week as a reward... That's become a Sunday ritutal. On my 30 day mark, I went to dinner in the City (San Francisco) to my favorite restaurant with my Partner to celebrate. On my 100 day mark I bought a coffee bean roaster and 50 pounds of green coffee beans, and became an offical coffee snob :o) It's something I've always wanted to try, but I always burned my spare money, instead of putting it back in a jar for something I really wanted. I'm amazed at how fast that jar fills up, when I put that US $4.18 into it every day, just the same as if I were still buying that pack of cigarettes daily. Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$215,673.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7815 Hours: 16

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, What A NICE DAY IT IS ! Healer - I knew I really liked you, I also enjoy QVC and have not bought anything in awhile but would definitely use it to get an AWESOME reward. I know the bracelet you have, and think that's fabulous. Then I read Shevie's post and just today I went to Barnes & Noble Bookstore today with my latte and browsed in the store for over an hour and never even thought about having a smoke! It was great. I was looking for a good book, since I already read The Easy Way to Quit Smoking a couple of months ago. Maybe you would know a good meditation type book for daily "back up" I love any positive reinforcement I get. I am going to pick up a book of quotes called Never Scratch a Tiger with a Short Stick, cuz I enjoy that type of book as well. I have already got myself some raspberry buttercreams from Fannie May and some new perfume called Hannae Mori, which smells fabulous! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU and your new Ripka piece, I can tell you cherish it already and that you are heading in the right direction. IT'S ALL GOOD HEALER. Take care and Enjoy! Remember, always tell yourself at the end of the day that you're a WINNER. Hangin In, Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Healer 30 is BIG! Congrats! And good job on the reward! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,071 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Christine - Thanks so much for your kind words... You have such a gentle, generous spirit. Two amazing books (they are small and can be carried w/you in a car, on a plane, in your handbag) - are: 'Heart Steps' (Julia Cameron) 'Blessings' (Julia Cameron Both feed and nourish the soul. Cameron also has a wonderful book that you can probably find at Half-Price Books - it's 'The Artist's Way' - it is *not just for artists... I would recommend this book for anyone on their Quit journey. When you read it, you will understand. I have to mention 'Fearless Living' (Rhonda Britten) as this book changed my life. It's amazing and written for anyone who wants to choose freedom over fear. It is one powerful book. Blessings, my friend- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $181.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, After reading the recent post about how important rewards are, and that posting our rewards here is also a part of our journey of loving and acknowledging ourselves (and if one does it hopefully more will as well!) - I am here tooting my own horn about my 30 Day Reward I received today for me!! I have always loved Judith Ripka's exquisite jewelry designs (and she is now doing an amazing line of her designs on QVC) - and for my 30 Day Reward, I ordered my very first piece of Judith Ripka and it came today! I just opened it and I am so excited!! This lovely bangle with hearts all over it stands for my 30 DAYS - IT REMINDS ME OF MY SO VERY IMPORTANT 30 DAY ANNIVERSARY, and I wanted to share my excitement with all of YOU!! I will wear it and cherish it - that post was right on - this reward has soooooooo much meaning... I hope you all will share your rewards with all of us ~ it IS so important that we love and acknowledge ourselves... And it feels SO GOOD!! I am just sitting here with tears in my eyes. This beautiful piece of jewelry symbolizes my QUIT - my tenacity, my determination that I AM IN CHARGE OF MY LIFE NOW, not some bully junkie. It means so much and I am touched by this celebration in this moment. I am really doing this, I mean I really am. Won't you share in my excitement by posting some of YOUR rewards so we may celebrate with you!!! Many Blessings to all of you - thanks for being here, thanks for all the love and support. I KNOW that I would not be where I am in this moment without all of YOU, my little Quit family. Healer xox ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $167.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love it. Good Job. Good Advice too. :)
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Healer Great post. My biggest reward for me quitting is time! I get more time for myself, I get to do more of what I love everyday. My garden, my art projects. Big time for me as well is the reward I feel physically. I am actually taking care of my body, this lends itself to taking more care of my appearance which in turn gives me more self confidence. This is a huge reward! I also will not deny myself anything along this road to quit. If I want chocolate I get chocolate, if I want jelly beans I get them, sounds really childish and I have by distinct means over time learned that I am much more receptive and constructive when I feel flush, full. If I am in a state of need or want I can be very destructive because I am so hungry. I will never feel that again. So what I want I get. NOPE! Congratulations on your 30 days and your wonderful reward! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $397.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Healer.. You are a great asset to this site! Rewards can be fun... here are some of mine 30 days - weekend beach trip 100 days digital camera 5 months weekend trip 8 months massage 9 months new outfit and for that big One Year ... I will take another extended weekend trip and in September I will take a cruise to the Bahamas without kids! ....already booked and paid for. Keep up the great work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 285 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $997.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great thread, Healer. My 100 day/ 3 month/ birthday reward was a dinner cruise on a local lake tour boat (fake paddlewheeler). We sat on the bow, the most non-smoking part of the boat plus the best scenery and breeze. I thought of the poor smokers back in stern with the exhaust fumes :(, but not for long. Mostly, I've given myself little rewards all along: a CD here, a gadget there, bail early from work just because, a browse through a bookstore with a cup of coffee, things I can now really enjoy because I don't have to interrupt them for a smoke. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,454 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1223.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
At one week I had a massage. At two weeks a pedicure and manicure. At six months I went on a river rafting trip. Amazing how fun you can make "hell" if you put your mind to it! lol :)) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 362 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,072 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$794,587.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5681 Hours: 15

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: