Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,488 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

WHER IS YOUR FOCUS?

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh! Nice work Lainey. You make an excellent and motivational point. Thank you for sharing.

And it's amazing how many yummy things you can make with fresh, healthy food - just takes a bit of planning. But the effort is well worth it I think.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lainey,

I couldn't agree with you more!  Yeah to Freedom!

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
great post!!  thanks 
just what i needed to read today!  
10 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a recent experience that reminded me of when I was first quitting smoking. Due to a medical change, I have had to change my diet, and as I was struggling with it, and beating myself up about what I can't have and what I wanted to have, it occurred to me that I had been focusing on what I couldn't have! The second that I realized that, I got out some cookbooks and looked to see what is it that I CAN HAVE! The stress was almost instantly gone. So what is it that you DO want when you have quit smoking? Freedom from the addiction? The ability to breathe? Vibrant health? The cash you've spent on cigarettes? Time to spend with your kids or Grandkids? To live longer? Instead of focusing on "I want a cigarette" or "I have this craving", focus on what it is that you DO want, focus on the benefits of being smoke free. Focus on how wonderful it feels to be done with the addiction forever. Focus on the wide open future in front of you. Focus on the Clear complexion, the pink coming back to your cheeks, the ability to take a deep breath, the ability to be able to smell again. There are so many positives to quitting if you just take a moment to look for them. Focus on all of them that you can come up with, and the stress will be gone! Do it for yourself, be a little bit selfish and give yourself the gift of life!

Reading this thread: