Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,487 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Nasty Day!

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jenny!!!

Congrats for making it through one of "those" days!  They will get fewer and farther between, I promise!!!   Coming out the victor of your battles with the demon will make you stronger and stronger!  Just keep on taking it one crave at a time and laugh in that demons face when he pops in to your head!   

Hopefully you have made a list of coping mechanisms, gotten a little crave basket together with goodies to help take your mind off of smoking, etc.  My main distraction was coming here and reading posts and responding to posts from others on a daily basis.  Maybe that will work for you, too.  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,205.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 0

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenny64,
Way to stay strong!  You're proving to yourself that you are much stronger than the addiction.  Continue to take your quit one day at a time and celebrate each smoke-free day. 

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I made it through yesterday! I went home after work and cried my eyes out, had dinner and a hot bubble bath and I was than finaly able to relax. It was by far my hardest day so far. And sleep wow,
I think right now I am sleeping 10 to 12 hours a day and I dont want to get out of bed in the morning. I was almost late for work this morning. I am also so glad this site is here, it really helps reading the older posts on this site.
Thanks for all your support.

Jenny
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Working On It,

Congrats on 6 days of smoke-free living so far! I'm glad to hear that you're not giving up on your quit despite the challenges.Are there any additional coping strategies you could call upon to ease things a bit when a craving comes on or when you're not feeling like yourself emotionally?

Please keep us posted about how you are doing.

Sonia

jack126,

Glad it was helpful to you too! Things will get easier soon...hang in there!

Sonia

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey jenny,

I hear ya. I just finished Day 6, and this has been a week from hell. I feel like I'm suffering a huge emotional hangover from every stress event this week. Today was a normal day off from work, and I ended up sleeping for over 12 hours. I'm OK with the sleeping right now. People sleep when they are recovering from an illness, and addiction is an illness. I will get better. 

I also ended up behaving very meanly towards someone, and I'm not sure if it was due to some nicotine withdrawal, the "fact" that he's been irritating me, or both. I'm not OK with that part--me lashing out on people.

However, I am not willing to give up my quit at this point. I have invested a lot of time and energy in this. Been working towards it for months, one behavior at a time. So, if I'm a b-----, then I'm a b----. It is temporary. I hope I don't destroy some of the relationships I have with other people. But if I do, I do. I figure I'd lose some relationships to continued smoking and/ or my next quit attempt anyway. Might as well suck it up and deal it now, rather than having to start over later. 

Hang in there, my friend.  I hear it's a lot easier on "the other side." 
  • Quit Meter

$22,500.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 12

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sonia great words! are working for me too. today is my first day and things are not easy...
Jenny64,

No worries, glad you came here for support instead of caving in to a craving. Good work! You are right that it will pass, although I understand that you may be having a challenging time having to deal with the cravings at work. What simple actions can you take at work (i.e. brewing some herbal tea, squeezing a stress ball, drinking ice water, taking a quick break, etc.) that would help you cope?

The bubble bath sounds like a nice treat! Please let us know how you're feeling later tonight.

Keep the quit, you can do it! 

Sonia

11 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it!
11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So today is my worst day so far, coming to the end of day 4. I know it will pass and it is just a craving,  it is so intense I just feel like screaming. But what makes it worst is I am at work so it is alittle harder to deal with.  That little deamon keeps telling me 1 wont hurt it will help calm you down. But I do understand what that is all about, its just the junkie talking. I think after work I will go home and have a nice hot bubble bath and just try to relax.
Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent.

Jenny

Reading this thread: