Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

Confused..

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparkster, I think you probably know your triggers and hopefully you have the strategies in place too to delay lighting one up. That's all you have to do. Each time. It really really will get easier. Have I ever lied to you? Just NOPE! As for the chantix, maybe you want to go back and read that thread about weaning off it? There were lots of different approaches taken and talked about. I was scared about going off it too, but found I was fine without it, and I suspect having taken it somehow helped my brain chemistry adjust to a more balanced state of operation. I did save a few tho "just in case", but never needed them. Hang in there buddy

-aloha 
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have struggles for years to get this right.  My husband put them down 7 years ago on one of my attempts and never looked back.  Dang him .  Seriously I am happy for him and others who could and did it.  I am the teacher of what happens when you want to smoke more than you want to quit.  This is my second longest quit and I want to make this my last.  I hate it when I give in and I think if I could have just waited it out for a minute, hour or a day I may have had my quit, but I gave it away.  I am on Chantix also and scared to death when it comes time to stop which is soon.  But WE can do this okay??

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marbles,

I totally agree with Aloha's wise words! Don't forget too that every person is different and will handle situations differently. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing! This is a very tough thing and you are taking it seriously and doing all that you can to be successful. Keep doing whatever works for you and thank your friend for his concern. Perhaps he is thinking about it more than he admits, as most people do. In time, you will follow his advice, when you are ready but not before!

Stay strong!

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,443.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5538 Hours: 8

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marbles, every person's approach to quitting is different..there is no right or wrong in how to do it..other than not succumbing to the urge to smoke. That is the point, right? Just don't put another cigarette in your mouth and light it. It takes a great deal of emotional energy to see this through. You're doing it! All I can say is please don't be influenced by how anyone else is accomplishing this if it makes you question how you are doing it. If you're not smoking,you're doing it right for you.

I was so addicted to this site for months and months....maybe a year or more. It replaced my addiction to lighting up. It worked. That's all I care about. It worked. Four years. And I've never taken one puff ever. Because if I did I would be right back where I started. Please trust yourself and your determination to quit. You're doing it. Just keep on doing it, whether it's what other people do or not. I love the nonsmoking you.

-aloha 
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of my friends quit 3 months ago, cold turkey, unplanned.
When we were talking about our quits, he told me it would be easier if I didn't think constantly about the quit

He says, all he does is try not to think about quitting/smoking.

Well, I have my chantix, my SSC, the success stories I read, my rewards, my straws, you name it. I couldn't just STOP thinking about it, I don't even understand how it is possible.
I don't think about smoking but I constantly think about my quit.

What do you guys think?
Now that he mentioned this, I feel like an obsessive person, but it is normal in the beginning, right?

(please tell me I am normal and he is NOT)

Reading this thread: