Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Dreams............of smoking?

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you...Jim for your feedback.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you want to know something really weird, is I can imagine the smell of smoke so clear, its as though someone is smoking near me.............I guess when you do something for 32 years,,,,,,,,,memories are going to linger.......sometimes I forget that I used to smoke, and sometimes I forget that I quit, and I look around for my cigarettes that aren't there...........sometimes I forget that my head is attatched to my body, and I think I am floating on an astral plane................whatever......lol..........I didn't smoke today. Jules
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 28
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 560
Amount Saved: $182.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 28 Seconds: 57

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jules!!!

I was telling my wife about the dream I had the other night.  She said that she, too, dreamed that I had smoked!!!  Imagine that....  smoking dreams from a real non-smoker! 

Major milestones for you right around the corner...  4 weeks tomorrow, then 30 days, then 1 month and then 5 weeks...  all in a matter of days!!!  That period in my quit was huge for me and I DID celebrate and reward myself!  I hope you follow in my footsteps!!    Celebrate every day as a non-smoker!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 511
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,775
Amount Saved: $2,107.88
Life Gained:
Days: 86 Hrs: 14 Mins: 53 Seconds: 51

• Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 3

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great.......Keep on keepin on!!

huggggggs and coooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 183
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,490
Amount Saved: $768.60
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 7 Mins: 10 Seconds: 24

Thank you Karren, I can hardly believe my stats!!!!!!!!!!! I too feel like the time is right for my quit.  My best friend is an ex-alcoholic she has be sober for 13 years, one of her best friends in sobriety has recently gone off the wagon and starting drinking agian, my friend reached out to me today, and said she was questioning her sobriety, she said that in her opinion everybody goes back to drinking and relasping.........the only thing I could tell her, is its a choice, you choose one day at a time, to be sober, and that her friend would have to make the choice agian, if she wants to continue to drink or not,,,,,,,,as I was giving her this advice it occured to me, that in some ways every addiction is similiar it dosn't feel like a choice when your in the addiction, you NEED the nicotine, the alcohol, the choclate, or herion, whatever the drug its hard to fight, but once you start making some headway, it get easier, and it boils down to being a choice.........for today I choose not to smoke, and it gave me the insight to help my friend.  I suggested to my friend that she be the example for her friend and remain sober, and she said to me, that I gave her hope, cuse I had stopped smoking,,,,,,,,,,my best friend stills smokes........and now I am setting an example for her. Its actually fun to watch the day accumulate,,,,, I didn't know this website exsisted maybe I would have quit sooner. Juju stxs have been my salvation and this website...................I wish everybody who smokes can find the freedom from the need of nicotine. Jules
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 27
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 540
Amount Saved: $175.50
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 15 Mins: 23 Seconds: 45

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jules, 26 days in with no NRT or nicotine replacement is a mighty achievement. Also the increased sense of smell, and distaste at the smell of smoke is another positive I believe. It sounds very good and  very positive to me and I for one feel sure this is your time to quit- just keep doing what you're doing.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 444
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,100
Amount Saved: $6,660.00
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 10 Mins: 21 Seconds: 34

Ashley I didn't know this is called Zombie month how totally apropo,,,,yeah I am 26 days smober, now cigarette smell is starting to make me sick, at first I liked the smell, now it kindof gets on my nerves, which I am not sure how I feel about that, I don't want to be turned off to my hubby and girlfriends. But the smell is getting to be disgusting, so that is how I used to smell, I never realized just how strong I must have smelled, my sense of smell is so strong now...........Thank you Jim for the positive feedback, if truth be told, you were very instrumental in my quit, you didn't mince words, and I took what you had to say to heart. I kept giving myself outs and wasn't committed to my quit like I should have been, I am going to need to post here for a while, until I feel 100% confident that I am really quit for good. But each day I do feel a sense of accomplishment, I am actually 26 days with no NRT or nicotine in anyway............its good to wake up from a smoking nightmare, figuratively speaking and literally.  I can't wait until I am one year quit. yeeha!!!!!!!!! This website has been so helpful for my quit, you have no idea. I wish this freedom for everybody. Jules
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 26
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 520
Amount Saved: $169.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 14 Mins: 11 Seconds: 50

Reading this thread: