Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

BAD 2 DAYS When will it stops???

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pet, sorry to hear the nicodemon is after you the past couple days.  Glad that you are staying strong.  Blame it on Halloween.  Think of the scariest monster, and this demon is 100x as bad.  But you know, you have been challenging him the past 21 days, and you've won.  Are you rewarding yourself enough?  Each day you beat this demon reward yourself.  Take a walk and look at the changing leaves, buy a pumpkin and carve it for Halloween, sit outside and smell the smoke free fall air, jump on a treadmill for 15 minutes, whatever small reward you can find!  Just don't buy 10 bags of Snickers and eat them all at one sitting!  LOL!  We're all here for you Pet!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 71
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,840
Amount Saved: $568.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 14 Mins: 12 Seconds: 19

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I printed out a rather lengthy prayer on strength and courage that I read whenever I get a spare moment---when I know I need a little extra reassurance.  I had to talk with a paraplegic today and I left there feeling a bit down. Realized I had so many blessings in my life that I take for granted daily.  Like the ability to walk in the sharp October air and experience the world with all my senses.  Simple things like changing the channel on the remote control were an impossibility for him and he has been that way since 1995 after a car accident.  Gosh.  Aren't we lucky that the biggest obstacle for us is quitting smoking.  Yes we are certainly blessed.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 320
Amount Saved: $64.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 22 Mins: 40 Seconds: 36

• Quit Meter

$52,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 11

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Petruchki,

First of all, way to go for making it through 21 smoke-free days!  Reward yourself for getting this far.

Sounds like you may need to try some new avoidance techniques to help you get away from the cravings and get your mind on a better track.  Make a list of avoidance techniques that are fun and about you.  Do some stretches and relaxation techniques to calm you.  Do you have any hobbies? Use this motivation to avoid the temptation and have some fun.  You can always get into renovations and have a blast.  Day by day and step by step, we are behind you all the way!  

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats all I can say too, hang on in there- you are three weeks down, that is so brilliant, you know that, and you also know you'd be mighty mad if you gave in now- all that hard work.
Mr Q is right, the addiction wants you back, the argument with your mum is the ammunition he needed, dont let him win, it would be soo easy to pick up that pack.........but it will set you back and you know that isn't what you want.
Come by here, talk to us, we'll carry you through as best we can!! stay strong Pet, stay strong.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 173
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,325
Amount Saved: $2,595.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 8 Mins: 11 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hello # one thing is that you are still quit, congratulation on that   we dont really know when,     It just takes time and you have to stay strong and determined in your quit, the day will come when you will be like WOW i cant believe i did it :)Not smoking is so cool.The last two were bad days and i hope you have a good one today, I see you are still realy early in your quit, just hang tough , stay focused and visit here when you can, HANG TOUGH  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2275
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 54,600
Amount Saved: $9,555.00
Life Gained:
Days: 325 Hrs: 4 Mins: 54 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Petruchki,

First of all your doing great!  Congratulations!!  21 days is great and it's the end of 3 weeks....When you get to this point the quit becomes less about the physical and more about the devil on your shoulder.  That devil is going to tell you what you need to hear to pick up a cigarette.  Please don't listen.  It will throw away your common sense and you know this and we have all been there...You know that smoking won't fix the issue with your mom....Nor can you have just one and walk away....It just won't make your life better.....If your looking for an excuse you will definately find one but I don't believe you really want to find one so do whatever it takes to fight that devil on your shoulder....After 3 weeks it's all uphill from here....If you are going to keep quitting over and over until you get it right then remember that right now your 3 weeks free....Any other alternative involves starting over......The nicodemon is dying....He is going through the desert with no water and is starting to fade....Before he dies he's going to yell, scream, and fight to live.....If you have even one cigarette you have just given him a glass of water......Let him die.....Stay strong Petruchki....Your doing great.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 87
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,088
Amount Saved: $652.50
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 8 Mins: 14 Seconds: 17

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone,

Having a really bad day today and yesterday. Drinking lots of water, snaking on celery, working out, going for walks still eating tons of chocolate and bread and butter and guess what cravings are right there and really annoying.

I had a very stressfull conversation with my mother 2 days ago and since then the craving has not stop.
How can I deal with normal life stuff??? This is ridiculous!! 

Need some encouragement or tricks from you guys.

Thanks

Petruchki

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/9/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 210
Amount Saved: $57.75
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 19 Mins: 58 Seconds: 8

Reading this thread: