Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

I passed the Test!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy to know you too Tom. This is a great place to be when quitting. Yes, I am from Canada, Sakatchewan, actually not all that far from Wisconsin. This site is a huge help, and it is so great to chat with others around the world. I am glad you joined up with the March Mellows Tom, we are slimmed down a bit from where we started, a few have fallen, but the core group is still together and it is really nice to go along with quit buddies! Have a great day! Keep on marching! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,659 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $696.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lainey, Thank you for the encouragement, a forever quit is what I'm going for and I could use all the help I can get. I'm a new resident of the State of Wisconsin and originally from New York. And I believe I read you reside among our freinds in the North and I'm happy to know you. Tom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Good morning Tom! Well! That attitude will get you.....a forever quit! That is how you do it. By the way, those Freedom 55 days are looking pretty good on ya! Whereabouts in the globe are you Tom? Have a good day! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,633 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $685.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Lainey, I think I understand the idea of loss and agree with your point on respecting the power of something that can hurt us. I would never miss a tornado though I understand it was once something in common with others, maybe even enjoyed. My relationship with the addict is more adversarial in nature. I respect its power and am still learning the extent of that power. I give it nothing and mourn nothing about it. My feelings are absolutely ice cold here. I'm done with it forever. All I have to do is learn how to keep it down and away from control. My addict is the enemy and it has no redeeming qualities. It resides in the "id" and is a part of who I am. Thank you for your thoughts. I've learned so much from you and others here at the SSC. I'm in your debt. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Thank you Tom. I must disagree with you to an extent here. A lot of quitters feel the mourning thing, I found it to be more the "death of the relationship of smoking with my sisters in law" that was making me sad. I used to enjoy that relationship and I know it is gone. I do give the addict a bit of respect, though. The respect is in how powerful he can be, and how easily he could be controlling my life again. So I give him that much respect Tom, It's like respecting the tornado, for knowing the damage he can do. I have to give him that, in order to help set my limits for him. But hey, it still amazing to me how much this quit is making me "wake up and smell the coffee", if you will. A great learning experience! Have a great day Tom! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Good for you Lainey, you are an inspiration! I was a little worried about you when you described what you would be up against this past weekend. I'm not sure how I would have got through it and it's facinating reading your thoughts of how you navigated your way through it. I'm not too keen on the idea that we're mourning the loss of an old friend here. That doesn't feel right though I understand what motivates that thought, the addict within. The idea of mourning gives it an almost respectable quality, a reverence of a sort. It's really primal and deceptive, untrustworthy and not deserving of any respect at any level other than respecting the fact it can fool us. It's hungry and we're starving it. It's looking for ways to break down the walls of our quit. Giving it an ounce of respect will take a brick completely out of the wall and give it a foot hold. I say no! Nothing for you addict! I know you're there and I know you're starving but you have to if I'm to live and I AM GOING TO LIVE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,085 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $226.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey Way to go, Girl!!!!!! Another "smoking familiar" trigger you've dealt with successfully : ) I am so glad you mentioned the sad part...I was on vacation and felt like crying for the last few days of it, and then again last night when I got home. I didn't know what the heck was going on. I forgot that feeling my real feelings is part of the recovery process (I am really good at ignoring sad). Let's keep on conquering each old smoking trigger!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Laney, I think everything in our psyche will at different times bring on some "messed up feeling" from smoking. I have heard that each season change is particularly hard on us. Aren't we glad to hear that? The good thing is you PASSED with flying colors and next time it should not be so hard... You fought the devil and won. BUT many times I still miss smoking, but know I won't go back. It has been too hard getting this far... ha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1344 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Good for you, although we never doubted you for a second! I don't think your feelings are "weird", I've had some sad thoughts as well (I guess it's like mourning the passing of an old friend). Congratulations on remaining smoke free!! See you at the beach! :)Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Danielle is right. Soon after my quit the passive smoke has been making me sick, difficult breathing, coughing, etc. Your sadness, too, might be caused by your intolerance to second hand smoke. We all are in the process of healing and, if at all possible, need long long time to become a none smokers again, but until then our mind/body remains highly vulnerable to this poison. :)I admire you for your strength anyway, good luck, mitri :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$295,119.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 2

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: