Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Hard couple of days...

16 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah they have subsided they now just come and go for a very small amount of time usually I just eat a few jolly rancher fruit chews or chew some juicy fruit gum to get through the cravings or go for a walk :) But expect to have a few days of really hard cravings after coming off of chantix for a few days but just think you've made this far and having one smoke will make you start all over again its so not worth it :) gl to you
  • Quit Meter

$20,167.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 431 Hours: 22

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the update, mjbsuns! So excellent that you're plowing through those cravings. Three months is right around the corner! I'm a Chantix quitter as well, although by my stats you see it's still early in the game, of course. So, have the cravings significantly subsided? It would be helpful to know more about your personal experience stopping Chantix. I'm finding no matter how bad the thoughts or craving, it changes and I'm "back to center". It may take a few hours, but if I just hang on... Thanks, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that even though I had some hard cravings for a few days after getting off chantix I havent smoked one cig :) I just feel so good about making it 80 days without a cig that even if I had one I would feel really bad about it and be really ashamed with myself for breaking this great streak i'm on. Well just mainly wanted to step in here and tell you that I made it through the cravings gl to all the new and old quitters out their dont let the nicdemon get you :)
  • Quit Meter

$20,167.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 431 Hours: 22

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today? Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �786 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used Chantix but only for about 3 weeks (it made me too sick) but I did have some pretty bad cravings when I came off. I knew that it was psychological though, when you sit back and look at it. What makes me not smoke is the fact that I have gone weeks without one, and am really too stubborn to ruin my "quit" and am to cheap to go out and buy a pack. As dumb as that may sound. I still have cravings but I control them and just wait for them to pass.......and they do. Hang in there and as simple as it sounds. BE POSITIVE. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 772 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$226,885.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5321 Hours: 4

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Suns---- can you accept that these thoughts are in your head? Please do all that you can to not dwell on cigs. Make choices for yourself.... like "I am choosing to not smoke today" when something is your CHOICE it makes a whole world of difference in your attitude! Come on give it a try [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep at it guys! One day at a time! Ole Nick does ease up with time, but the odd wave will come along to test you! be ready for him with your arsenal of activities. I chew gum, do the straw thing, come on here! Or do housework. Or just read! Smoking is not an option, so find something else! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $474.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mjbsuns, I know what you are feeling. I posted tonight that the doctor put me back on it for another month. Only I am only going to take it once daily then tapper off. Jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,918 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Memories and nostalgia of smoking. NOT cravings. I am also a Chantix quitter, but I have not experienced quite that....I compare my 'cravings' to memories and the nostalgia of smoking. Smell that? Freshly cut grass and the clean smell of Spring! I love this time of year and the warm weather and smells. Think I'll pour a glass of red wine and sit on the porch swing and...smoke...oops---I don't smoke anymore. Boy...I sure would like to do that. Sit on the porch swing, drink wine, smoke and admire the garden and watch the birds at the feeder, horses out in the pasture...... Get the picture? Time to make NEW memories. Keep shaking up those routines. You did the same thing early on with your daily routines. Wake up, put the coffee on, go shower and pull on that toasty robe hubby got you for Christmas, go into the kitchen, pour a cup of java, open the door to let the dog out and....light a smoke. Oops, don't smoke. Rearrange that morning so that you AND the dog go for a brisk walk before your shower and enjoy that coffee with a few minutes at SSC. Keep the quit!!! You CAN do it and it DOES get better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 223 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1784 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]I have not personally used Chantix, but I agree with both responses - get back to basics, keep as distracted as possible, drink lots of water and get out for a long brisk walk. Please check in and let us know how you are doing. You have come such a long way - You should be very proud :) All the best to you, J xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: