Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

If that's just my window, what on earth do my LUNGS look like?

17 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Orange]That is too funny Todash, my husband and I cleaned our walls and windows but we noticed that the blinds were yellow and had ot go buy new ones for our living room, we still have the other rooms downstairs to take care of but our living room is cleaner, we also never smoked upstairs so at least the bedrooms won't have to be cleaned! That was really funny thanks for posting it! [/font][/color] [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/Praxin60/smallcliftonsigfile.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh! Before and after pictures of the WINDOW :gasp: Phew, I thought that and the changing thing were connected... ;) Great idea though - the cleaner thing. Maybe I'll just pay my hubby to do the cleaning! Heck with it, I'll keep the money to buy myself a chocolate reward to nibble on while watching him clean the windows. That's it! It's all settled then! x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,452 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �583 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Todash, Congrats on 100+ days! You present a great point! What about using the money you saved and get a cleaner for the day? Take before and after pictures and refrain from changing in front of the window :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
Hey, at least that'll be easier to clean! Mercy, it made me laugh at the time so peeing your pants was indeed an apt response. Messy but apt! ;) x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,441 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �583 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now look what you have done to poor Mercy.. She need the washing machine now!!! Seriously I remember cleaning my car windows after I stopped... YUK.................... Interesting I cleaned them on the inside 8 months ago and they are still clean!!!! Aint life grand!!!! Phil xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 252 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,546 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1323 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
* One other way to maintain your resolution to quit smoking: Run a search for images on Google, with keywords: "lung tar smoking", and browse to see those images of smokers' lungs blackened by tar deposits! NOPE, Not One Puff Ever! Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Todash - I didn't smoke inside, so my windows aren't that bad ... but if you want, you can come clean them anyway! ;p Funny story though - and really makes you think about what we were doing to our bodies. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$119,512.87

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6399 Hours: 21

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Todash, I'm not sure if you meant your story to be funny............. ..................but I pee'd my pants laughing. I just posted on a thread about laughing and I hadn't had a good laugh since I quit. God Bless you and thanks...FOR MY LAUGHTER. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,717 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $379.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
I'm not the world's champion housekeeper so only just got round to giving the windows and curtains a good clean yesterday. It was like the instructions on a shampoo bottle... Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Um, lather AGAIN, rinse and er...IS IT CLEAN YET?!? I can't believe the amount of scunge built up on a smoker's window. Before and after was like eyeglasses on / eyeglasses off. The bad news is, the windows are so clean I can no longer change my clothes with the main curtains open. The good news is, I don't really need glasses after all! ;p The panes are done for, they need a paint job now. They need a bonfire now. Disgusting. I'd have cleaned them long ago but, well, I was too busy SMOKING. Sheesh. I rinsed the curtains in the bathtub before they went into the washing machine and as the tar and crap came out and turned the water baby s*** green I panicked and wondered how much nicotine would get into my system through my skin in the water? So I blasted on the hot water, rinsed the curtains about as many times as I cleaned the windows and scrubbed up like a brain surgeon. Housekeeping. The A-#1 way to stop a craving folks, take my word! May even put you off your next meal, but that's another thread altogether :) x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �577.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm happy you have clean windows Todash. Your posts always are great for a good laugh! Don't you just feel like getting out a fire hose and spraying your entire house down to get rid of the smoke remnants? That's what I always wanted... a fire hose... high pressure! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: