Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,487 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

My head is trying to talk me out of this quit.

16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hillary, Hi my names Brubaker - I'm a similar quit date to you. I've been 'Quitting' for a couple of years now:) He smiles to himself - I'm back on the forum and have been looking though some of my old posts - I'll bump one for you to have a read (if i can find it - it's on junkie thinking... One day at a time - good luck, B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �19.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol..I know, Anna...look what i started....I caught it, but i guess nobody noticed i caught it...if you know what i mean ;p but at least it's brought out some good replies [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,012.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hillary just reading thru your thread here. You say that you have one year of school left and then you are a teacher and smoking would be really bad then. I have been thinking this way over the last couple of days - I know how hard it is to quit now (and it is hard) i can only imagine how hard it would be if i put more years of smoking into this. Adding more chemicals and nicotine into by body - that would make quitting much harder. When you start teaching, wouldn't it be nice if you had already gone thru all the withdrawls that you had to and were feeling confident and good about yourself instead of starting a new career with nicotine withdrawls, mood swings and all else that goes along with the early stages of quitting. Just a suggestion and maybe another thing to think about. Keep strong and don't, just don't, smoke! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hate to be the one to break the news to you guys...Check the dates. I think she smoked.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,549.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hillary, I bumped a post in general forun called "Grateful in the Rain". If I hadn't blown a good quit & smoked for another 10 years, I might have had an experience like this much sooner. Just hang in, don't smoke. You know how to do it, you've done it for 9 days. Get a reward. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,673.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hillary, I lost a quit on day 9 and that led to a further 14 years of smoking before I finally got it right. Boy, how I wish I hadn't let the junkie do to me then what he's trying to do to you right now. Don't be me 17 years ago, be me now!! Good Luck! Penitent d1334 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,694.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1122 Hours: 23

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

oops..got my years wrong....hope Hillary and Time are doing good still....lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,006.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Good going, Hillary!!!! Every time you come through one of those episodes makes you stronger for the next. You are showing that stupid nicodemon who is boss! Make sure you have ice cold water with you wherever you go. And, please, reward yourself for the great job you're doing here. it will get better, really. And Time, whatever it takes for now...lol you're doing it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,006.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there. I know too well the mind games that this addiction plays. Just think of all the benefits of non-smoking. I am not necessarily trying to find another addiction BUT SOMETHING to Replace the Smoking. Don't know what it is yet. Maybe I should change my name to DoveChocolate, that seems to work but is so not good either. LOL. Hang in there I played for years telling myself one more year I will smoke and then it would be One more year and another and another. It never ends, all the attempts to convince you to go back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hillary, It's heck week....not as bad as hell week...but it definately has it's golden globe moments. Your beating an addiction that is strong. It wants to talk you into coming back...the nicoteen is relentless in it's tactics to get you back to smoking...your body is missing the addiction and also trying to get you to cave. Be stronger than addiction...ignore the voices in your head and in your ear trying to talk you out of this quit. They will subside if you just ignore. Sometimes I would just go in my bedroom, shut the door and just sit on the bed and just wait it out, trying to think about anything but smoking. Your doing great....keep strong, the future is waiting for you to affect change in many children's lives...you wanna be healthy for that! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/ANGELanimated.gif[/IMG] Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: