Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Marg's Day Six...beginning to wane

17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm fighting the urge to hop in the car, drive to the store, get some cigarettes and crack them open. I had hoped it would be getting a bit easier by now. Day three and four were easier than this. Fighting the cravings is wearing me down. Everybody says this will pass....it would be nice to know if that will be soon!
Happy Birthday Rhonda! Congratulations for getting through the party! That's fantastic! Here's to getting out of Hell Week....and here's to us for the upcoming week. You go girl! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Thanks Windy.....I've heard a lot about this book so I will check it out. You're doing great! I can't wait until my quit meter looks like yours....in the triple digits! Keep up the good work, and thanks for your support. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Thanks to you three so much for the thoughtful posts.....I took everything you said to heart, went to the gym, did something nice for someone (I liked that one), and thought hard about the heart-felt stories you told. I too lost my Mum, to lung cancer, because while she fought hard, she was unable to kick the cigs. I pleased to say I'm still smoke-free, and grateful for your support. I'm also pleased to say that I'm actually in day seven, not day six! Hell Week is almost over! Thanks again you guys....you're sweeties. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Thanks Phil! Maybe tomorrow......we'll see! Feeling better today though...here's to day eight! Have a good one everybody! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 182 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Marg for hanging in there! I'm proud of ya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Marg! Imallclear had some great ideas for you! I'll tell you a story: My mother quit smoking about 21 years ago at the age of 62. One day she said to me: "j", it's been three weeks now. I said: "yes it has". I thought she was referring to the 3 weeks she had been in the hospital, but she was referring to the 3 weeks since she last had a cigarette, and I realized SHE WAS PROUD!! She smoked her entire adult life. She passed away 2 weeks later, but she was Proud of herself. She had cancer of the small intestine. I'm convinced smoking affects so very much more than our lungs. Please hang in there! Be Proud where you get to enjoy it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marg--- girl you have got to hang tough and not let this deamon win... you can do it!! I know you can!! I was at my birthday party last night with all my friends, some of them smokers, and all I could think about was my new friends at SSC and what I had read on the my post!! It gave me tons of strengh and believe me, I needed it! you've got us... we'll help you kick nic the deamon's butt!!! -Rhonda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on, imallclear! Marg, Think about the last day that you smoked and how you probably told yourself "I can't wait to be done with this habit". Think ahead to how you will feel if you give in today. Try and remember all the negatives about smoking. Try to remember each time you told yourself how much you need to quit. Now that you have quit, why go back? You can beat it, it will pass. I keep thinking about the story of the 38 year old guy who after many attempts to quit told his wife that he would quit for good on his 40th birthday. Well he never made it to his 40th birthday, he died of heart disease brought on by smoking. He may have enjoyed that last pack that he smoked but imagine how he would have enjoyed the extra years of life he would have had if he had quit. A scenario like that may seem like it won't happen to us, but this guy felt the same way, believing that he had plenty of time to quit. The time to quit is now, not tomorrow. Stick with it Marg, this is way to important to give up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It may be soon. It may not be soon. Read some posts. Several of us have "slipped" lately. That doesn't mean it's something to do. What are your coping strategies? Get physical. Get out of the house. Re-arrange your furniture. Do something nice for someone. Get someone on the phone. The crave will pass - whether or not you smoke a cigarette. If you don't smoke a cigarette then you are all that closer to not having craves in the future. If you have a cigarette then you are guaranteed to lots more craves to deal with in the future. Take your time right now to get your meter up. Have you worked the workbook yet? Do you realize that you are almost out of HELL Week????? It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz movie where they sing "We're out of the woods, we're out of the woods and into the light". Now that's a ditty that's easy to get stuck in your head. Protect your quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: