Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

help . its getting bad

17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
why am i feeling the cravings so bad. although i am on day 41 or so , i came off my patches 12 days ago. this was a decision i took as i wanted to get nicotine free. i now am at the stage where i am going mad as i am craving so much , but why ?. i was doing so well but now i am struggling ,is this normal ?. will this get any better with time . maybe i should not have stopped the patches but i have and that's that. i have to get on with it taking the fact that i have been cold turkey for 11 to 12 days is what I'm feeling normal and will it get better soon .... can you tell I'm desperate......... so sorry if i am abrupt and to the point but that's another thing that's happened , I'm very tetchy ( some would say downright nasty ) just get to the point and give me answers now .......... (see what i mean ) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �184.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone for your response and support. i did not crack but it was tempting..it would have been easy to use the way i felt as an excuse to smoke, but to be honest my feelings of gloom are down to my hormones and not to the lack of nicotine or of not smoking sorry fellas but i am writing this to all the ladies who are going through the same emotions as me. i was at the end of my tether . i had not slept well , i was upset with myself and so i went to see my best friend ( a smoker i may add ) She gave me a hug when she saw me and i am sorry to say this but her hair smelt of stale tobacco. that sounds awful but that was me a few weeks ago. it made me think of all the time's my family have said i smell of cigarettes it made me think of all the times we have had friends round and i have given them a hug. How awful i have smelt so bad even when i have looked so nice. the cravings which are minor now are not really a prob. but yes i have to be on my guard i asked my friend to have a cigarette while we were drinking coffee as she was abstaining because of me . i was surprised it did not bother me . but guess what ,my hair also smelt of cigarettes DAY BY DAY FOR ME BUT I AM SO GLAD I DO NOT SMOKE Thanks all [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 786 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �193.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you get too desperate - slap on a patch. Otherwise I admire your conviction. But, it's not worth a relapse. Tried gum? Somebody said recently, a crave will pass - even if you don't smoke. I've been off the patch since Monday and I really want a cigarette. But I'm not going to get one. I'm not!! Hang Tough. Get as nasty as you want, then get nastier - this is temporary and your are in the middle of actively quitting. It's not a pretty sight. :eg: We're right here with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 327 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take your frustrations out on the nicotine addiction that is making you feel this way, not the quit. Remember who you are fighting against, and do everything you can to KILL it (the addiction) Please hang on, we don't need another statistic. Also, we all know you can do it. Dont let that @$$ hole nic take 41 days away from you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$544,788.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4201 Hours: 0

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS! Each and every time you fight off the urge, you get stronger and the addiction gets weaker. It's true! Believe! Remember when you smoked and all you wanted to do was quit? Well, NOW YOU HAVE! You so deserve the freedom! Now reward yourself for this wonderful achievement. It's really important! Denise :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $510 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are no quick answers, sorry. All you can do is hang in there and let it pass. Try to figure out why today is worse...ask yourself, has something happened, more stress, etc?? I find that anything related to water cuts down the cravings and makes me forget... drink water put hands in water (do dishes, clean something) Take a shower or bath Go swimming Thank God for H2O as this kept me going a few times... Take care Carole [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teen - I would think that after 11 or 12 days the nicotine is out of your system....so it would lead me to believe that the patches have to do with what's going on with you right now. For whatever reason, we go through periods during our quit when we really crave and I don't know if anyone has figured out why. Obviously if this is a hard time for you, if you are extra busy or extra bored, etc. you will be more likely to crave. What's happening in your life that could be acting as a trigger? Is there anything that you can change? I went off the patches at around 60 days (and I'm glad I used them) However, now that the nicotine is out of my system I would really NOT want to reintroduce it through any method. Perhaps, you need to get out some of those old coping tools from the first two weeks! Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $505 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teen, Sorry that you are not feeling so well. 42 days surely is a long time that you have not smoked. I congratulate you on the seven weeks of not lightning up. As you know it takes a lot courage and inner strength to remain smoke free for 7 weeks, especially when you were use to smoking nearly a pack per day, so first off I applaud your quit, a job well done. Secondly, don�t smoke now, don�t give up what you have worked so hard to achieve, you don�t want to start over, do Ya, of course not. Ok, so smoking is not an option. You did come off the patch early however you have been nicotine free for 12 days. If you feel real, bad I would agree with Imallclear and take her advice, put on the 7 mg patch for a while longer. Now recite to yourself the reasons you have quit, this will help train your mind why you are so committed to stay smoke free. What coping tool do you have for yourself? Do you like to exercise, hike, walk, bowl... Physical distractions helped [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,006 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1748.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A very good and inspirational post Katy. That would be right on dear! Hope teen is still listening.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teen, Generally we recommend you follow the course of treatment however we support you in your decision to go nicotine free. It's time to get back to basics. Use distractions, rewards and other coping strategies to help see you through. You may also want to try relaxation techniques. At the very worst, consult your pharmacist about other aids available to you to help see you through. Hope this helps. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: