Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

A vent thread, thanks

17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD :) CRAVING AT THE MOMENT!!![IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/3d_frown.gif[/IMG] Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 887 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You see, I know that I don't want to smoke. Then again, I think I know that I don't want to smoke but I've started romanticising the times that I used to smoke...anyone else do that? It's a bit like divorce, in that not all of the marriage was bad, just the last bit. Same with smoking, for me not all of it was bad, just the last bit which made me want to pack it in. I quite liked the smell of smoke and I love the smell of a cigar, perhaps it would help if I were revolted by all of those things...you know, smelly breath, hair, clothes, furnishings but I'm not and I would be lying if I said any different. And this isn't addiction talking, this is something I have to acknowledge about myself, I used to like smoking very much and no amount of health education was going to make me stop until I wanted to and nothing's changed about that, I wanted to stop and I want to stay stopped. It's just that some days...and this is one of those days. Am just having a bit of nostalgic melancholy which I know will pass because all the rest of packing in smoking is good and will keep me smoke free. And yes, it does help to write it out...Thanks, Zany. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$295,093.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5380 Hours: 15

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Really felt for you when I saw your post Ann, cravings are mean, foul, treacherous and emotionally painful when they hit you. But they are nothing but false promises, nothing will be better if you give in to them. The only good thing about them is that they definately do pass and in the mean time breathe deeply, write it out and these good people on this site will send you shed loads of support,good wishes and encouragement. Keep it simple, don't rationalise or intellectualise just stay focussed and remember that you have already accomplished the hardest part, which is definately the first couple of weeks. Best of all my wishes to you. Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,429 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$295,093.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5380 Hours: 15

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let me help you stop romantizing something that does nothing for you except turn you into an addict. Cigarettes are kinda like players ... full of lies. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/p4big.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/full-poste776-1.jpg[/IMG] I am super happy that you do not want to smoke. I just want to make sure you do not fall for any of this junkie thinking. This is one marriage where all of it WAS bad ... because the spouse in this marriage has been abusing you ever since the two of you met. Most abused spouses make excuses for their abusive other half because their self esteem has been beaten down. The abused spouse lost their true identity because the abusive spouse took it from them. That is what nicotine does. It takes who we are and who we can truly be. We walk around with our heads in the clouds not seeing the full truth, not seeing our full potential. That is what Nicotine wants so it can keep us right where it has us. The smell of smoke whether you think it smells good or not ... stinks. Why? Because 4,000 chemicals are in that unfiltered smoke which can kill you. I don't care if smoke smelled like roses ... I am not going to inhale it knowing that I can die from it. Focus on the negatives of smoke, instead of the positive (you liking the smell). A lot changes when we change our perspectives. You say health education is not going to change anything for you. That is a choice. If you wanted health education to change things for you, it could. You have the choice to use knowledge to your advantage or to ignore it. I am glad this will all pass for you, but you still may want to seriously consider examining the junkie thoughts closer so that you can turn them around to work for you instead of against you. It is to your advantage to do so. All of this is said with much love. Take what you want and leave the rest. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$54,478.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5953 Hours: 13

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let the junkie come out ... then kick is a$$ & throw em' into a black hole. Good riddance junkie thinking. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/AngelDevil.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,426 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,478.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann Looks like we are about the same time in our quit! I have had a couple rough days and I also find myself fondly thinking of smoking. I know that I don't want to smoke but the junky in me is coming out! Your not alone, we can get through this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lilly, When I stopped romanticizing smoking is when I really believed that I could give them up. When I even start to think "oh, it would be so nice to have a smoke on my break at work, after eating, while driving, etc" I immediately start thinking about all the negatives of smoking. "Oh yes, it would be so nice to poison myself. It would be so nice to make my hair, clothes, breath and skin stink like an ashtray. It would be so nice to drive my blood pressure up, increase my heart rate, and introduce carbon monoxide into my body." You get the idea. There is nothing to romanticize about. As Bfree says, It is a PACK OF LIES. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 867 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$90,798.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Lilly. Yes, pretty much everybody goes through a mourning period, grieving for the loss of our good friend. Smoking was so tightly entertwined with all aspects of our lives for so long. It lifted us when we were down, comforted us when we were sad, distracted us when we were bored, calmed us when we were angry, and celebrated with us when we were happy. And all the while, our good friend was trying to kill us. So go ahead and grieve for a while, Lilly. Some have found writing a goodbye letter helps. Sort of gives some closure, I guess. Congratulations on 43 smoke-free days, Lilly. You're doing great! :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 396 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,929 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1504.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is normal to romanticize about this. It will pass and know that there is no love for the nicodemon. He has hurt you for the last time and you are better off with your new guy..healthy man. Healthy man has given you 43 smoke free days and will always be good to you! Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: