Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

I hate this!!!

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I understand you Sparky
You can get the weight watchers cakes. The yogurts are great too for dessert. I love the amaretto chees cake yogurt.
I also reward myself every ten days with the weight watchers ice cream sandwiches. Those are great. CT suggested the sugarfree jello. I also found the sugarfree jello pudding a great dessert. Only 60 calories!
Before my quit I didn't like sweets. Now, I crave for them. I also love the tangy flavor of the cranberry-pomegranate juice with lots of ice. You drink it with a straw, and voila! There is a diet version of this juice and it is only 5 calories per glass.
It's from Ocean Spray.
I eliminated cheese from my diet because I added the sweet things. I take my calcium from green leaf vegetables like spinach and from milk and yogurt. I love cheese but it is loaded with calories.
Take walks. Walking is the best excercise you can do. Take one pound weights and work your arms while walking. The more muscle you make, the more calories you burn.
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 80
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,200
Amount Saved: $120.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 4 Mins: 15 Seconds: 42

15 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know Marivi...I always thank God when I by my mango box with 12 mangoes for what would be 2.50US$
I have lived at London for a long time and I know how expensive and tasteless fruit is there. We are lucky that a healthy diet is cheaper in the country we live.

Hello Sparky, I have seen the SUPERSIZE ME on dvd, it is soooo disgusting what MC can do. I really think that those mega portions should be forbidden by law, it is so explicit that they are against the nation health and that they don't care for anyones health...they only want your money and your addiction to their food just like the tobacco industry.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/8/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 269
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,380
Amount Saved: $411.57
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 22 Mins: 2 Seconds: 41

What a smart idea Sparky!
A food diary! I have a brother in law that doesn't register what he eats standing! (lol) And he can't understand why he is overweight!  So all the between meals trips to the fridge don't count!
I'm giving him a food diary like yours
I' love the "If you bite it, you write it"
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 70
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,050
Amount Saved: $105.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 22 Mins: 51 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CT the guy in the picture with French fries, he did a TV special on eating fast food.  He ate McDonald's every meal, every day for a month (?).  His health got so bad his doctor wanted him to quit before his time was up.  He put his life on the line for this, but completed it. 

Marivi, you are so right, the portion sizes here is ridiculous.  Protion control is the answer, when I am home.  I go out and think I am 20 something I can eat and eat.  LOL  No so these day, darn it.  But I do keep a food diary and that helps and have little notes around saying "If you bite it you write it"

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 60
Amount Saved: $12.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 23 Mins: 29 Seconds: 20

Yeah CT
You are right! You have to kill yourself at the gym in order to burn a triple whopper with superzise fries. And after that you need to fast fro three days,lol.
It's all about portion control of the healthy foods. The fresher,the better. CT we have a geat advantage; more fresh fruits and vegetables in our countries. It's easier to eat healthy!
I admire the european portions. You can't fine gallon size icecream or milk. Even the cokes are smaller! You learn to enjoy the food and to satisfy your hunger.
You have given great advice!!!
Marivi

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,035
Amount Saved: $103.50
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 22 Mins: 14 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok Henny Penny... here is your new keyboard.... enjoy... LOL

Ok gang....lets talk serious stuff here now... I really think that people should not worry about burning calories and yes keeping the mouth shut for gooooooodie deliciooooous sugars & fats ... it is a thousand times easier not to eat them than trying to loose calories. Learn to enjoy more natural less industrialized foods.

OMG, always when I get to the US I am scared with the size of the portions...  please nice people... dont consume those mega portions...it is not human to do so.

Love you all. Stay smokeless and be happy :)

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/8/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 268
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,360
Amount Saved: $410.04
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 20 Mins: 41 Seconds: 45

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way too funny!  This posting has made my day!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 225
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,000
Amount Saved: $1,800.00
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 15 Mins: 17 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PS....

I'd like to know exactly what YOU are chewing on.

LOL!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 366
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,784
Amount Saved: $2,108.16
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 1 Mins: 56 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CT-
You owe me one new keyboard. 

I happened to have just taken in a big sip of coffee when I saw that.

OMG!!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 366
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,784
Amount Saved: $2,108.16
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 1 Mins: 55 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hilarious!

Karen

Reading this thread: