Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Off the Patch!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey PRB, It is going well. Was a bit edgey the first day or so, but am quite happy to be free of the nicotine! I used to have trouble with them staying stuck, so it is a nice treat that I am done! Yes, the weight. I'll let ya know next week who wins the battle, me or the scale. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $685.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 231 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey I missed this but congratulations on not only being smoke free but now being nicotine free ! That's great and I hope it is going well for you. As far as the other thing, my weight program isn't working to well. I sit in the recliner with a bowl of ice cream and watch my wife walk on the treadmill :) I guess she is going to have to walk faster ! PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,754 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh! I just found one Butterfly Swimmer started a few days ago..something about Couch Potatoes....lol I love this site! Everytime I am looking for something, there it is! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm behind you all the way Lainey!! Let me know how it's going, okay? Maybe we could start a "What did you do to be active today?" thread? I know I need some motivation. I think I've had about enough of using the "it's ok to eat while I'm quitting" self talk...lol -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Damn, I thought I had beaten the weight gain thing but after reading your post I relaize it hasn't happened yet since I am still on the patch. Good luck with the weight, my wife told me alot of it is water weight gain and its easy to get rid of. Hang in there. Congrats on finishing the patch and not smoking!
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Progressing nicely! Get active and get in there! Keeping active may help you not to give up "the other thing". Keep up the good work :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well this is day 2, of being officially finished with the whole patch program, and I was so totally pumped.....then I got on the scale this morning....I think its broken, that damn number keeps climbing.....So now I have to give up food too? That only leaves one more thing to give up........hubby already thinks I have given that up! Okay the weights are coming out now! The gloves are off! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,586 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: