Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Another week (almost), and 5 more pounds LESS!

17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monday will be my 4th week/28th day as a NON smoker...AT LAST! AND it will be 20 pounds total weight loss, too! I weighed 210 pounds when I started my quit 4 weeks ago, and I am now down to 180 pounds! I haven't weighed LESS that 200 pounds in over 15 years! IF I can continue to lose 20 pounds a month...I should be down to my *ideal* weight by Christmas! If anyone wants my *secret*...just let me know! But, just like with your smoking *quit*...you have to have self discipline and TRULY want to lose (or at least maintain) your ideal weight! I AM a *SKINNIER* NON smoker...AT LAST! ;p Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The number ONE secret is the SAME secret that comes with being a *Quitter*...Self discipline & DETERMINATION!!! The *secret* to the *diet* is really NO diet...it is simply *chinese*...or better said as Oriental Cuisine! I got to thinking one day (when my sister & I were at a Chinese Buffet) how many *overweight* Orientals do you see? I'm sure there are a few, but so *rare* for the *normal* race of people. Then, I got to looking at the Buffet menu, and of the true *Oriental* Cuisine...it is made up of *mostly* vegetables, rice, and just a limited quantity of meat thrown into the recipe. So, it's no wonder they are so thin...there is very little *FAT* to their Cuisine! THAT is when I decided to try ther way of eating...what did I have to lose but POUNDS, LOL! I've also gone from a NON breakfast eater & night time binge eater...to a light breakfast eater and a night time snacker of grapefruit & PLAIN yogurt (GREAT enzyme combo to help dilute & flush FAT out of your body)! Also, Plain popcorn is GREAT roughage for scrubbing the fat cells and flushing it out of your body, too! Even though I am NOT a *breakfast* person...I make myself eat a light breakfast of Dannon 'Activia' yogurt (good for the problem stomach), one slice of Whole wheat toast, STRAIGHT, BLACK coffee (as much coffee as I want to drink) and an 8oz glass of V8 *LOW SODIUM* veggie juice! For lunch I fix myself a small 'Chef' Salad (with tomatoes, cucumber, chopped egg, & shredded cheese ONLY) with Lemon juice dressing and UNsweet Iced Tea with Lemon (as much tea as I like). For Dinner/Supper I buy the Lean Cuisine frozen Oriental dinners for the most part, but also try different brands to see which I like best (try to keep the calories under 300 calories for eat frozen dinner, then I add some extra veggies, or a salad to make the dinner complete! For the *sweet* tooth...I buy a few of the Slimfast drinks & bars, and I either eat a bar or a can of drink. I eat a LOT of veggies & fruits in between if I get the munchies! I eat enough to keep my tummy & mind content and the hungries away! When I *treat* myself to a dinner out...I eat at the Chinese Buffet...I splurge a little, and *cheat* a little when I go to the Buffet, but I figure once or twice a month isn't going to hurt
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Job! I am so proud of you! Keep it up! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Betty!! Keep ut the good work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's amazing! I'm absolutely jealous! I want to lose some weight before Halloween, and all I seem to be able to do is put it on!Congratulations on your quit AND your weight loss! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 337 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1391.81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Betty2 wow, you are determined! Congratulations on your self discipline. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $436 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Betty2, Woohoo! Good job! Keep it up! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your story is awesome!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$39,374.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 560 Hours: 13

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Betty, that is great news for you. Keep it up! Why don't you share your secret? Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 656 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 90 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$54,433.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 642 Hours: 18

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: