Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

I?m about ready for a Lamaze class... (NRTs?)

13 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ready2quit, I used Wellbutrin to kick things off, but stopped it on day 30.  According to the SSC, my addiction level was an 8 and I believe it because I could have never gotten started on my own.  I know, I tried for a few months.

Keep up your great quit, r2q.  You're off to a super start.
13 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ready2Quit! I used the patch and it worked well, but I did do some planning that way. Having quit many times and having used the patch before, I found that it was easier to get the patches to stick in early spring, when the weather wasn't quite so warm out (here in Canada). Hence I set my quit date for early March. It worked, but I made sure that I followed the manufacturer's recomendations to the letter too. I didn't want to take any risks. I think that any NRT will work if you follow the instructions properly and of course, if you are willing to do NOPE along with it! You've got a great attitude, I am sure you will do fine!
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ready,

Do a search through the threads and see what worked for others and decide what is best for your quit.  There is no wrong way and being ready and prepared can make a world of difference.

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SSC determined I have a high addiction to nicotine and I'm trying to quit without an NRT (why drag out my suffering any longer?).

But I've promised myself, if I fail, it will be by getting an NRT - not a pack of smokes. The NRT is my only option now.

I've tried the gum. One brand didn't do much, the other almost made me sick by the end of the day. Which NRTs have you used? Which ones helped most?

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 2/23/2011
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 49 Seconds: 10

Reading this thread: