Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

So far, so good...

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So far so good is a good way to put it, I also quit news years eve and have some pretty strong urges, BUT ikeep telling myself no no no and it seems to work. And like you I also have been having some really crazy dreams, but if that is what it takes to be smoke free then let it be. GOOD LUCK.    P.S. keep on keeping on.
14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Those Wii Fit's are pretty cool. I bought one right before Christmas. The sports pack also gives me a workout.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 250
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,000
Amount Saved: $2,712.50
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 2 Mins: 34 Seconds: 52

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miss Marple,

Thanks for your honesty!  You know where you need to be and you will get there!  How can we help?  Lots of great advice and support, so you already know to keep it close and use it when you need it.  The kids of today..I think your head would pop off first before they gave in!

Remember to make some time for yourself and only yourself!  It is important to refocus and not lose the incredible you that is waiting to jump through the surface!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to you also, Todash.  I believe I fell more out of self-pity.  I figured I might as well kill myself slowly smoking (something I thought I enjoyed), because my children have gotten together and are planning an even slower, more torturous death for me in the form of a nervous breakdown!
I've pulled the 'I'll show you---I'll start smoking again' once before.  Really stupid.  Didn't hurt him a bit---
In any event, we're all responsible for our own behaviors and choices.  I screwed up.  That's done and over with and today's a new day

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 160
Amount Saved: $40.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 13 Mins: 1 Seconds: 9

• Quit Meter

$52,010.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 698 Hours: 23

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks, Rock.  My crave cart has been cleaned out, I'm afraid, of anything unhealthy.  I have managed to lose 35 lbs in three months by sticking to (most of the time) 30 grams total fat a day.  My cholesterol was 285 and triglyceride level was 500.  That was the reason for the bouts of pancreatitis.  So, I am hoping that with the diet (cut out all alcohol too), that I can go off the cholesterol meds at some point.  But I am going to wait until I've got a good grip on the quit and see how it all goes.  I know quitting changes the metabolism, but I'm going to try to keep the snacking under control.  I had a whole bunch of stress in my life over the last few months, but I fought the fog and am back in charge.  I'm down to 115 lbs and will be going back to the Dr for a re-check in a few weeks.
Of course, I'm a whole lot of fun at home now that I gave up smoking, alcohol and fatty foods!

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 59 Seconds: 46

• Quit Meter

$52,010.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MM, great to see you back on the quit-coaster for another great ride.   This time, though, I think I saw you buy a 'ride-all-day' pass, so there's no need to get off when you think the ride is over.

Staying quit seems to be the problem so you've surely got a very clear idea of the times you fell back in the rabbit hole.  I'm wondering if it would help you to visualise those times again and come up with five or six alternate scenarios that would have prevented you from picking up another cigarette.

I recall in my life two very significant cigarettes. (Sounds really weird, that, doesn't it?)

Anyhoo, the first was the first.  I picked it up because I was really angry with my family about something, and I knew to do this was to break the greatest taboo I'd held to that time.  The first I call 'The Get Even'.

The second significant one was my last failed quit prior to this one.  Bottom line was I'd quit for over two months, and just as I was really struggling, I was made to feel quite stupid and small by a guy I'd been dating long distance.  Won't go into detail, but I couldn't cope with the condescension and rejection.  I call the secon the 'I Feel Like an Idiot'.

Getting even with someone out of anger.  Dealing with rejection.  These are two very powerful emotions that I tried to smother with a cigarette.  The first time it led me into my own rabbit hole.  The second time it sent me back just as I'd crawled out.

Think about your significant smokes.  The ones that broke your resolve.  Learn about them.  Understand them.

Then destroy them.

You can do this.

x T

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,300
Amount Saved: �6,957.50
Life Gained:
Days: 98 Hrs: 4 Mins: 14 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MM, good to hear that this is going well.  You are almost through Hell Week, and you are doing great!  Glad that the hubby is supporting you on this!  Hopefully this is the last time you will ever have to experience Hell and Heck weeks!  How's your snack cart?  Did you stock it with low cal stuff or just going with the green tea?  Did you see Lil stopped in recently?  I was so happy when the two of you stopped back!  Let me know if you need anything!  I may not be in Columbus often, but I'm always near this site!  Have computer will travel (smoke free!!!)  Congratulations again on 5 smoke free days!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 503
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,120
Amount Saved: $5,030.00
Life Gained:
Days: 77 Hrs: 12 Mins: 1 Seconds: 20

Haven't smoked since 11:30 New Years Eve.  Hasn't been as hard as I expected.  Quitting isn't my problem anymore.  Staying quit seems to be my downfall.  I've had several lengthy quits since 2006.  I have to remember NOPE.  Just one puff seems to suck me back down into addiction.  I feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy (the nicodemon) holds the football for Charlie to kick.  He falls for it everytime, and ends up on his backside.
It's day 5 and I am doing really well with very few urges.  I am also watching my diet so I don't gain like before and utilizing my daughters Wii Fit!  Hubby has once again joined me for this quit.  Hopefully this will be the last time I go through this!  Been drinking cold green tea like crazy and experiencing those crazy dreams again...

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 57 Seconds: 2

• Quit Meter

$52,010.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter