Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

!

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Happy!  Hi Bob!  Keep plugging away.  Seems tough now, but each day will get better and better....One day at a time.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 105
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,200
Amount Saved: $840.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 21 Mins: 57 Seconds: 5

• Quit Meter

$52,270.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 7

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I won't lie to you......the first few days are the hardest  You CAN do this!!.. because you just told us how bad you wanted it and we all know your name this time.  Like Rock said.......repeat, repeat, REPEAT your words.  Look in the mirror and snarl and knock that nicodemon off your back.  I promise it gets better!!  Ask your daughter to help you.  She can be a lot of help and the best part is she'll NEVER think about starting and getting hooked like we did.
Pretty soon you can be telling someone else how it feels to get through it.  I got everything crossed for you kid.  Let's do this!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 240
Amount Saved: $33.60
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 17 Mins: 35 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, to quote somebody from SSC "Yes I REALLY WANT this!  I am tired to quitting, smoking, quitting, smoking.  I want this to be final....I want to feel better and be a better person."  Say this to yourself every time you have a craving.  This should be easy to remember, because you are that person who wrote this!  You are quitting for you!  This quit is all about you!  You're doing awesome!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 167
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,680
Amount Saved: $1,336.00
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 0 Mins: 52 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
happy2Bme,

You have received a lot of great advice from other members here, glad to hear you have found it helpful.

As you can see, a lot of members have experienced similar days to yours. However, it sounds like you have been able to deal with these feelings. What have you done for yourself for today? When people are feeling down, it is often helpful to take some time for yourself. Perhaps taking a hot bath or enjoying a nice cup of tea would be nice?

Continue to vent when you need to, that's what we are here for!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great!  Stay focused on your reasons for quitting.  It helps me to write them down.  Oh, and speaking of kids doing dishes, I've just learned the benefits of child labor!!!  I've been making my three clean with me.  No one is done until it's all done!!!  It's not perfect but it's better.  We spent 1/2 a Sunday one weekend cleaning the house.  They whinged and moaned a lot but they're used to it now - they're more quiet and quicker about it.  Makes my life so much easier!
Hang in there!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 35
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 420
Amount Saved: $184.80
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 4 Mins: 39 Seconds: 55

15 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Jo and Karren I am feeling better now.  I just spent over an hour coming a snow packed play ground in single digit temps searching for my 9 year old daughter's glasses lense.  Need to find the lense or it won't be warrentied and a new one is $50!  Kids!

She wanted to wash dishes though (been neglected a couple days) so I put together supper and she is currently washing the dishes.  I'll probably have to do some over, but it's nice that she wanted to. 

Yes I REALLY WANT this!  I am tired to quitting, smoking, quitting, smoking.  I want this to be final....I want to feel better and be a better person.  The state is talking about passing a law that any person smoking in a vehicle with someone 16 or younger as a passenger will be fined.  I don't believe in laws that judge people's behavior, but it's a good idea for those that don't think of their little ones.  I've been guilty of it, but only on long trips (more than 2 hours).  That only happens a half a dozen times a year, but it doesn't make it any better.  Actually the 7 grade group that is pushing the law stated some interesting facts like the second hand smoke in a vehicle is 20 times more dangerous than in one's home.  I don't smoke in my home, but that's a scary fact.  Even a few times a year is bad in those terms.

Anyway, staying smoke-free and thanks again.

Tennielle

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40
Amount Saved: $7.70
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 5 Mins: 13 Seconds: 35

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Tenielle there will be days when you feel worse than when you were smoking but having a smoke doesn't cross one less stress of your list it adds more than one on.
All it will do is confirm your addiction and your reliance on a poison that is slowly and surely killing you- I had to stop and look then at how old you are-33. So young, and young enough to limit the damage.
Dont wait until your my age, til its too late, you can do this- I wish I had known what I know now at your age-keep going, remind yourself of the alterantive- you must want this or you wouldn't be here-

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 269
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,725
Amount Saved: $4,035.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 19 Mins: 9 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Tennielle.....vent away, that's what your friends are here for.  You are right, these feelings are perfectly normal but I promise you, it does get better.  Get your mind on anything other than a smoke, I know that's hard but the craving will pass real soon.  Take real deep breaths and let them out slowly, this one is my favourite.  Drink cold ice water and best of all do what you just did......get on here and post.  Good job.  Take it easy, you are doing fine.    Jo

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,000
Amount Saved: $360.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 8 Mins: 47 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This day is so long....I'm getting a migraine and well I just feel totally bummed.  I'm feeling a bit on the spacey side and very tired.  Sorta like....blah, blah, blah, blah....

I'm not doing so good in this fight either.  I slipped yesterday, but decided that I'm just gonna go on and put that one bad choice behind me. 

I'm just sorta complaining I guess even though this is all perfectly normal, but this is the part of a quit where I usually break down and give up.  If not this bout of blues the next.  You know all those reasons to quit are hard to hang on to when I feel way worse than when I were smoking.  That little voice keeps whispering "hey you feel like crap anyway why not have a smoke and cross one less stress off of your crappy day"

Except I know it wouldn't lessen the dumps, but my addicted mind keeps telling me it will.

UGH!

Sorry just needed to vent.

Tennielle

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40
Amount Saved: $7.70
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 5 Mins: 2 Seconds: 18

Reading this thread: