Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

This is the final step down ... almost free!

16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $816.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, reading his book again won't hurt. Kinda the "Big Book" :) on quitting. You will do fine. You have overcome fear before and you will do it again. Just reach out, have "FAITH", and trust yourself. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/Hugs-3.jpg[/IMG] Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 305 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $915.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith I too used the patch. I understand your trepidation with regard to ending the use of the NRT. However, it may help to use the step down experience you have already mastered. You know how it felt to go from 21mg to 14mg and you know what it was like going from 14mg to 7mg. If your experience is anything like mine, each drop down had its own challenges. Going from 7mg to 0 will be the same. Just remember that it is a period of adaptation and that you are in effect teaching yourself how to be in the world without smoking. You already have experience with this, use it to take yourself the final mile. I know that you have already reached the point at which smoking is no longer an obsession and is now a decision that you can make. In the first wee while it may be a challenge to make that decision, but I promise you that if you have faith in yourself, use what you have alresdy learned and set your mind to a positive outcome, you will do just fine. Good luck nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 431 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,525.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$66,475.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1301 Hours: 17

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, you're gonna look awesome nekkid! I quit with the patch, too, and also followed the program to the letter. I was thrilled with myself when I was finally done & we had a nine page nekkid party. I didn't really have sleep probs after the 21 mg, but I didn't wear them to bed, don't know if you are. Either way,I'm sure your sleeping patterns will return to normal, Faith. Give it some time. And be REALLY, REALLY proud of yourself & excited to be starting your nicotine-free life. REWARD TIME!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,201.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations on the step down, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �409.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing fine, Faith. Congratulations on handling your NRT with care and focus.... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith although not on the patch I just quit Champix a couple of days ago and I'm getting better every day which is what I assume will happen to you. What has kept me going is I keep on thinking back to the worse days that I had and saying to myself .. do I want to give in now and keep the quit or someday have to go through that again. Hmmmmm not a hard decision I think. Keep the quit Faith your doing fine! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, after today I've only got two more days left on Step Three. I have to say that this last step has been a little more difficult than I thought. Junkie thoughts have been a little more prevalent and I still can't freakin' sleep! For those who used the patch ... how was it when you finally got 'nekkid' and if you had problems sleeping did that change when you were done the patch? (Oh please say yes!!! I'm sooo tired!) I thought it might be a good idea to dust off and read Allan Carr's book again. Figure the reinforcement couldn't hurt :) Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: