Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Having a Tough Day?

16 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I totally agree with every word. For newbies, now is not the time to feel guilty about calories, un-done housework, that DIY you were planning on doing...the most important thing right now is to do whatever it takes to keep that quit. WHATEVER IT TAKES. Leave the rest for day 100, 200, 500, whenever you're ready. It'll still be there, trust me ;) x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 320 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,760.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bumping for Doodles... HI Phillip! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1069 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29,932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,741.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 150 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$54,319.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 13

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rusty Constructive, affirmative and totally informative. You are the best :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 633 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,380.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
awesome post Rusty, thank you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
great stuff Rusty! Read it right at a time when I needed it. I would like to read more great tips from you vets out there to help us newbies stay on track. We appreciate it all, let me tell ya. I will hit my 30 days tomorrow and it is great stuff like your post and others that have helped me to get this far. Thanks Gang! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty! That is soooooo helpful! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will print it tomorrow and put it up on my fridge to keep reminding myself whenever I feel a little weaker :) Great advice, especially the stretches and breathing... people tend to forget to just breath sometimes :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wrote this a long time ago for newbies, but I think it helps when we are having a rocky road for any reason. 1. Drink lots of water. Water keeps you hydrated, occupies your mouth, and helps push the nicotine and other harmful chemicals out of your body. 2. Eat! As the nicotine leaves, your blood sugar goes down. This can make you cross, antsy, nutso, and shaky. So keep your blood sugar up by eating something healthy every couple of hours � fruit, cheese, yogurt, raisins, crackers. 3. Breathe! Abdominal breathing can help you through a crave and fills your body with nourishing, cleansing oxygen. Count to five while you inhale deeply all the way down into your stomach and then into your chest. Hold for five, and release for five. Do this as often as necessary. 4. Relax! Lie down on the floor. Starting with your toes, consciously relax each part of your body. Move up your body, relaxing each part. If you don�t know what �relaxed� feels like, tense the body part and then let it go. Don�t forget to relax your butt, your shoulders, your jaw, your eyes, your forehead. Do abdominal breathing while you are relaxing. 5. Put on some wonderful music � music that helps you relax and quiets your mind. 6. Take a walk. Movement releases endorphins that boost your moods. 7. Take a nap. Put on your jammies, close the drapes, get under the covers, do some deep breathing and relaxation, and let yourself go to Sleepy Land. 8. Stretch. Get down on all fours and stretch your back up like a cat and then stretch it down. Lift your arms up and stretch through the fingertips. 9. Give yourself permission to do nothing. Sit on the couch and watch a movie. Sit on the computer and play a game. It�s okay. You don�t have to busy all the time. 10. Don�t get overwhelmed by all the stuff that�s not getting done. Do just one thing if you really want to. Clean your underwear drawer or your bathroom sink. Pick up the bills off the dining room table. Remember that it will all be there tomorrow and Martha Stewart probably isn�t stopping by. (Lock the door in case she does, though). Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1063 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29,764 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,720.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 149 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$54,319.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 13

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: