Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

Day 1 - 7am craving?!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You pretty much named all the quirks that come along, lots of people had upset tummy, constipation or diaheria (sp), some had sore throats, almost everyone had emotional upsets, like either sad or angry, irritability is one everyone pretty much had. These are all normal. When you think of us feeding the addict all these awful chemicals for so long, its no wonder our bodies are a bit shocked when we quit. It is so relieved. And it does get better each and every day Mammkitty! Keep on going, you will feel better, I promise! And Yes, the changing of the habits does wonders! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,055.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lainey. That makes lots of sense... I'll try the gum, breathing and straw like this today. I've been chewing gum and breathing (inhaling through my nose to a count of 5, and exhaling slowly from my mouth to 7) That helps, but I think changing up the way I do things, like you said, is a great trick for Nic:) Thanks! (Maybe it won't take another 32 years to learn these new habits just as well:) Yes I am experiencing changes in my body. I am still coughing, and sometimes feel nausea, diarrhea, headache and depression. Are there other weird things you know of that I can expect in the next weeks as I'm healing? Congratulations on almost 100 Smoke-Free days! MK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mamakitty. Changing up your routine even just a little, really really helps with the cravings. I am a terrible creature of habit, but I sure changed that when I saw how much it helps to change it up. You associate smoking with finishing tasks, or before a task or like you said in between. So after a meal, I had gum, after a task, I take three deep breaths, when I had my morning coffee I sucked on a straw. You see the theme here? Just different little things that change the way you do things. It really screws ole Nic up and he doesn't know what to do. The tiredness and being down and all part of your body healing. We have all had these things happen so just ask if you have questions. You are doing great! You have a good attitude, yes breathing better already and it sure doesn't take long to show us results. So hang in there! You are almost thru the worst and then comes the best! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,044.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all the great encouragement! You guys are great... I'm almost through day two, and feel some good things happening already physically. I think I can breathe deeper? I'm also feeling tired and a little blue. I almost always smoked at home in our backyard inbetween EVERYthing. Waking up, relaxing, getting ready to go shopping, coming back, before and after dinner, bed, etc... so I've been staying away and keeping busy as much as possible these first two days. When I'm tired and come back to relax I get those strong cravings more often. I ride them out though and try to think of something else or wait for it to pass. Pretty scary though, because I work from home! When I was walking today (my new thing to do) I got behind someone smoking and it smelled so good to me! I wonder if that will ever go away, because I know the smell is better than the first taste, and all the puffs after that are just snares back into the web of addiction... I wish I could think of a good substitute of something satisfying to do to fill that void well enough... I will think of it as a flu. Wow. 5 days after 3 packs a day! Maybe I'll think of you when I feel sorry for myself:) I'm learning, and growing! ouch:) mk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doing great, mamakitty! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $557.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's like keeping your eyes straight forward. Don;t waver to the left or right. Keep them on your stats. Day1...Day2...Day3.......and watch them grow. If you have a flu or cold you just go with the flow and get over it. Same with not smoking....roll with the punches till you get better. You can do this....and you made day 1..now day 2. Watch yourself grow into an awesome new your. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $634.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MaMaK, Congratulations on making it through that first day! You are doing great! Cry when you need to, it's okay! Be kind to yourself! You are going through a lot right now but it is sooo worth it! Stay strong! Debbie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 229 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $858.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done mamakitty! I know EXACTLY how you feel. I started my quit last Friday and I'm on Chantix too. As a 3 pack a day chain smoker, I'm proud of myself that I've managed to stay smoke free for FIVE days and starting on my 6th! Hang in there .. lots of people here are rooting for you!!! Anne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mama kitty, one thing you might try in the morn. I always got up with my husband before he went to work, when I quit I had him leave me in bed until about 5 or 10 min. before he left, changed my pattern there and in alot of other ways also made it easier for me hugs and prayers, Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WAY TO GO! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$38,487.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1003 Hours: 9

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: