Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Is there withdrawal from Chantix??

16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nance I will be away from a computer for the next few days and wanted to tell you that I think we are both going through expected experiences. You are better off than me with your attitude. I need to work on mine. Thing is I have this unpolished being on the loose that used to be tamed by cigarettes. I have to find her and cage her :) You're doing wonderfully. Wish me luck at my first social test...a wedding out of town. I want to have something to reward myself with back at the hotel room should I get uncomfortable but I don't know what. Guess I'll just be going through some growing pains! Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $296.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Audrey, I know exactly what you mean. I have seriously "nodded" at my desk, and thought about an escape to the ladies room for a nap in the stall. Didn't do it, but thought about it. Had one instance in the car when I thought about pulling over...and I was only 10 minutes from home! :gasp: I haven't noticed any change in attitude like I thought I might. Have you? If I got b****y now I would really have some explaining to do. Sweetheart remembers when I went off my estrogen a number of years back...I wish he would forget! Sure don't want to repeat that! :eg: I am assuming the chantix is out of my system by now, so for the first time in 40+ years I am not smoking and I am not medicated. Another new experience! :) I am getting used to being a non-smoker! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nance, Don't forget that by going off Chantix you've actually gone cold turkey. There have been many realizations of this for me. Now I get fidgety whereas before I didn't. I'm no doc but maybe there is a whole lot of subconsious crave fighting that our brain is doing for us with the absence of Chantix and it's wearing us out. Our brain picked up the sword since Chantix left. Merely a thought. I've nearly fallen asleep at my desk at work recently (not good). Hang in there! Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $296.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Golly, now that you mention it, I DO notice that in the evenings I go to bed a bit earlier than before. I can NEVER make it through a movie in the evenings! Hmmmm........... But I have become more physically active as well, so that probably has something to do with it. Plus I'm fat! That extra weight makes a difference also! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 236 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,842 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1888 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go MomMom. You may be going to bed early from the stress. Just let me know if you need any additional dishes. (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $374.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I second what MomMom said! I'm a little over a week off Chantix, no side-effects except for the loss of the awesome dreams I use to have! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $435.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,125.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 10

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, so it's been about 6 days since my final Chantix pill. The only thing I have noticed is that I get VERY sleepy earlier than normal. Sometimes a quick power nap does the trick, and sometimes I am down for the night 2-3 hours early! Not a big deal to me. The last 3 days have been extremely stressful due to a personal situation, but I haven't smoked. I reminded myself that these were the times that a smoke was my coping mechanism, and I don't have that any more. So I threw a few virtual dishes at my stressor, and that was that. I have a few dishes left if I need them. Just wanted to share my experience for anyone who is concerned about stopping the chantix. I stayed on it for about 10 weeks. Oh, and I do miss the dreams! They were great while they lasted!!! :) Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: