Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,484 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

I am concerned about my quit...

17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great!! :) I found that the thing I missed most about smoking is the calming effect.. but when you really think about it the nicotine doesn't actually calm you it is supposed to get you moving. So I realised that the relaxation part of it was the deep breathing that you do when smoking. When you draw your breath in and hold it and then slowly breathe out through your mouth. Just doing that can calm you. So if you feel a bit stressed instead of thinking of cigs as the answer try some deep breathing. It works. And remember now you have started your quit YOU are in charge!! NOT those disgusting, stinking cigarettes! That is the BEST thing ever, not having to be beholden to them as to where I go or worry about finding somewhere to have one.. They don't control us anymore, we can take back control. Excellent isn't it?! :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �852.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size-4][color=Orange]YEAH SUPER!!!![/size][/color] You're doing great! Keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,100.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 7

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry...I forgot to add my quit meter...so without any further ado.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Supernova Glad to hear your leg is doing better. You are doing great with your quit and yes one day at a time is the best way to do it. Hang in there, We are all with you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Super - You sound really good - grounded & positive! I'm also glad to hear that your leg is healing so nicely. Now show us your Quit Meter - you should feel very proud! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,100.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for asking Changing. I went to my surgeon yesterday, she removed the cast and x-rayed the leg. She said that everything looks good and that she would leave the cast off and put me in a boot that I can take off when I go to bed. I cannot put any weight on the foot right now, so I am still on crutches for another couple of weeks. Oh well, at least I am smoke free! On a side note...when you log into this site, it asks you what kind of medication or quit assistance you will be using....I think they need to put..."Break your leg" as a choice. It has worked well for me so far! After reading all the suggestions to this post, I have decided to take it one day at a time in regards to withdrawal. I will not smoke today and will let tomorrow take care of itself. I remember congratulating a friend of mine when he quit smoking and he said, "Thanks, but I haven't quit yet! I just haven't had one in 2 years!" I thought that was a pretty cool way to look at it.
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, no, i do not think that you will have serious cravings, it has been a while now that you stopped. you will have the desire but with the mental power you can control it. its just a mind game. once you get well with your leg, start to walk, exercise, anything but smoke. stay strong!! we are all in the same boat! bye [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SuperNova, Know what your triggers are. Like with me, coffee was a huge trigger and so was my computer. Early on in my quit, I stayed away from coffee all together. Then I exposed myself to coffee but I changed it by adding cream to it. (Normally I take it black.) By changing it, I didn't feel the urge to smoke. It was the same way with my computer. I have to be on my computer for work so I had to change it up. I cleaned it for one thing. ha ha ha Then I rearranged the things on my desk and drawers, sat a candle and candy jar where the ashtray use to sit, and sat new pictures of my family around me. That took the edge off of the cravings. Other things that trigger me to crave is flat out boredom so, I have to get up and move around, take a walk, wash my hair, read a good book, or watch a good movie, etc. The phone was another trigger for me so I limited the amount of time I spent gabbing. As you become more mobile, you'll probably run into some triggers here and there. So for now, know what they are and how you'll deal with them as you run into one. Some, you can avoid all together and others, you can change them up. Don't let yourself become anxious, okay? You CAN deal with these triggers and each day will become easier. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $179.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Supernova - My thoughts are, for you to stay in the moment, and don't get ahead of yourself... The only power that we have --is in the moment, not what's coming, or what has happened. Ask yourself how serious you are about your quit, and ask yourself if your desire to quit is stronger than your desire to smoke. There is the clarity that you need, my friend. The rest is just the rest. Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,022 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1860 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Super - How are you & your leg doing today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,100.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: