Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Whew!!!! Day 3 over and done with!

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is so hard but others have done it, so can we! It's amazing how much the craving takes over your mind. This morning I had to keep telling myself "I'll have one later, just not right now - I won't smoke for this hour." And I got through it. This afternoon I don't have any cravings - I still think about it but it's not taking over my mind. So if we can fight the cravings by doing some positive self talk, keeping in touch on this site and putting it off for now, we can do it. At Day 2, I'm hoping. Good luck and hang in there, you can do it!
  • Quit Meter

$90,756.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6098 Hours: 16

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel you i'm on day 3 currently using the nicotine gum which is really helping me but its still been very hard as I had some pretty bad cravings today that made it difficult to get through but I did without having a cig and i'm proud of myself hopefully me and you can keep this up and stay cig free and live a long and happy life :)
  • Quit Meter

$20,174.77

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 432 Hours: 0

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And you are all doing it! What a great group of quitters! Jan...you can bite nutty buddies, licorice, celery sticks even steering wheels but PLEASE keep away from the heads of your children! Glad you survived.....one day at a time (as marie would say) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $635 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Casey and Deli, I know these first days can be trying, but it'll get better and I know its worth it! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I hear you, Phil. I think it takes a while to get over this no smoking thing once and for all. Anytime you need help, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
That's day 3 over and done with. Even with Zyban and the patch it was still challenging. I expected that, though. Unless they come up with a magic pill that let's you sail through your quit, we're going to experience the peaks and valleys. The NRT's just make it a little more bearable. Yeah, so day 3 done with and by last night, it wasn't pretty. I had the NERVE to call my daughter Crabbychops when she quit, well by last night I was "Crabbychops Extraordinaire!" Like I said, it wasn't pretty. Thank the dear Lord for Law and Order, CSI Miami, and bottled water with Crystal Light. And I came through it, no worse for wear. Feeling better this morning! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thanks Phil. Its nice to know your there. Love your support. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
I hear you loud and clear, Katie. I'm into day 4 now, and I'm ready to bite the heads off my kids! And their not little either. 25 and 22. I'm using Zyban and the patch, and I think its taken the edge off a bit, but there is no magic pill, and I know I have to work these first few weeks through. Katie, one day at a time, one hour at a time if you have to. Just know that each day you get through makes you a wee bit stronger. Post often, it really helps too. Let us know how you're making out. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Jan and Phil, please tell me it gets easier and a little better after day three. I am almost done with days 1 and 2. At this very moment I could bite the head off of a rattle snake and I have a pain in the right side of my head that feels like the snake just struck me. Anyway I will not smoke, can you give me some idea as to how long this misery will last and I can be a little more positive about this quit not actually killing me. Nerves seem to be a little on edge or upside down right now not sure which it is. Hell not even sure I have any nerves left at this point. HELP! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$12,183.99

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6417 Hours: 23

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Madame Crabbychops! Congratulations on surviving those horrid first three days! Phew - my chops were pretty crabby in those first days too! You made it, Jan - well done, love. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,532 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: