Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

When do I get to sleep again?

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel your pain on this one, i haven't been able to go to sleep before three a.m. since i quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How long has this sleep thing or lack thereof lasted for you guys? I'm doing research on it.. ha... wanting to get an idea of how much longer I will have to put up with it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.79 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
No, I'm not on patches. I am using the gum... about 4 pieces per day, so not much. I wake up about every two hours. There will be at least one time when I'm awake an hour or so... then I wake up early, which is fine. I need to get up early anyway, but my nights feel all chopped up. I don't feel bad in the day though, and I don't even remember any dreams, so I might be getting a restful sleep.
Thank you all for the information. I seem to wake up every two hours. Around 3:00, I'll be awake for about an hour, go back to sleep and then go back to the every two hour wake-up call. Have I reverted to becoming a baby again? Last night was actually better though. Had only 3 pieces of Nicorette yesterday. Don't know if that makes any difference or not. Tyler... I'm protecting the quit like a mama bear protects her cub!!
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have found that, for me, this has been one of the biggest hurdles. Typically I would fall straight to sleep but then wake at between 2.00AM and 3.00AM and find it impossible to go back to sleep again. Needless to say, night after night of this makes for perpetual tiredness. Having said this, it is beginning to get better. I have been taking my patch off about 6.00PM (dangerous I know, but I have never smoked in the house and can seem to cope OK), and going to bed later. I have made the point of stocking up with really good videos that take my mind off smoking. It seems to me that everybody has different withdrawal symptoms and consider myself lucky that this has been the big one for me - from reading the posts some people have much worse than not sleeping. Hang in there - it will get better. The most important thing I have learned from these forums is NOPE and "Protect the quit at all costs". Keep strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 764 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did have a little trouble sleeping, but nothing to complain about. I took my patch off at night, and put a new one on in the morning and that seemed to help (I also didn't have the dreams that some people have described). I wish you luck and a good night sleep real soon!!!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, I tried Melitonin. Some other people did too.It is all natraul, you can find it at any drug store. Garlic suppelments can help with sleep too. Although if you are taking any other meds you may want to check w/Doc first.. I take a nice Hot bath befor I go to bed..That helps me. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,991 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $596 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
May take awhile. I still sleep less hours at night than I used to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, everyone is different with this. Mine lasted about 3 weeks of restless nights and of course the smoking dreams (lasted a week). Eventually I got so tired my body had to sleep. Hang in there. Day 3 and looks like you are doing great. almost 1/2 way done with hell week. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 210 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $850.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you on patches? I was and found they disturbed my sleep from time to time... Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2430 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: