Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Honestly I AM going away flight is in 22 hours!! READ section 2 at least!

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi gang I had to drop by in the office today for a couple of reasons. 1. I read the dreadful news from Montreal yesterday and just pray none of you have any family or friends involved.I know a lot of you are Canadians. 2. Yesterday was without the worst day of my quit(Day 37 I think) I felt absolutely awful for much of the day but it got better in the evening thank goodness and I slept well.I came really close but thought what the heck? Still on the 15mg patches. Its interesting many of you seem to get hungry I am eating less since I stopped I just have no appetite. I wanted to record this before I go as I know many of you will be approaching a similar timescale to me and think its all over.Its not but it IS tolerable and be strong(Remember what a wimp I am if I can do it so can you) Well this really is it I will be in touch in around 3 weeks and no quick puffs whilst I am away(Sparky BEHAVE!!) Maria and Marie be good girls. Shaila I will send you a card!! Off to the chemist in a min to stock up with patches... See you on the plane I have ebooked seats 23A and 24B so try and get close to me. Love to you all Viva Espana!!! Phil xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 743 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �166.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle Phil xxx (Just for you cos you lot are wonderful) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �166.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil have a great time in spain wish i was there..I could do with a nice holiday!!! xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 586 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/bye.gif[/IMG][/center] Phil, I hope you have a safe and wonderful flight. Hold on tight to all the reasons you have quit. Remember NOT ONE PUFF EVER. Do whatever you have to do, walk, run, whistle, dance with your wife, go for a hot shower do what ever it takes. Look forward to hearing from you in 3 weeks :) Relax and Enjoy PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Buen Viaje, Phil! Have a great time. Be sure to sample as many tapas and margaritas as you can so we can add them to the next SSC Fiesta! ;p Best, Livadoa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,811 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$42,936.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 19

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Phil, yes it is a horrible thing, there will always be sick people in the world, this kid who did this didn't get help for his pain so he inflicted pain on others. God have mercy on his soul. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have a safe and wonderful trip!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, Congratulations! Quitting can be difficult but it does get better. Don't forget to reward yourself for overcoming challenges! With regards to your hunger, keep in mind you're not nicotine free yet and nicotine can suppress your appetite. If you find it concerning, speak to your doctor about stepping down to a lower dose. Until then, try eating smaller more frequent meals with smaller portion sizes and a good balance of all food groups. You can also consult your doctor/pharmacist about taking a multivitamin. Have fun in Espana! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: