Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

having a really hard time!!!

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You really are at the worst point of quitting From my experience it really gets better aty around day 20 Keep marking the days off on a calendar and rewarding yourself. Tell everyone bore them to death with it Anyone who tries to get you back on the weed is an idiot and not a friend Make it impossible to go back without looking an absolute prat in front of everyone. Cos you would be a prat to go back and you know it!!! YOU CAN DO IT IF I CAN Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �89.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Kat, I am sorry if you took the comment on having a better attitude the wrong way it was a joke, lol means laughing out loud because i am on day 12 also and am going threw the same thing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$163,458.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6102 Hours: 7

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Kat, I am on my 12th day also I woke up this morning and chewed my husband out for smoking outside I mean really how out there is that but I am in one of those pissed off moods because everyone is smoking but me. I know i need to hang in there. I can do this but yes right now it is hard and it does suck but it will get better it may be a few months or a few more days who knows but you need to get a better attitude LOL. Don't smoke just for today I wont and then we will talk on thursday and it just might get better. stay close and if you have IM installed and I am on feel free to im me anytime Heidi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$163,458.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6102 Hours: 7

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat, chin up focus on the good things, no coughing, no wheezing, no smell. Now here's my advise: Don't smoke it's bad for you, you'll stink and you'll hate yourself. Sincerely :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there. It ain't easy but you CAN do this. I too was angry at everyone because if they were smokers, I was jealous of them and if they were non smokers, they had no idea what hell I was going through. So pretty much I was angry at everyone including myself for being so weak. It does get easier!! Hang in there. Remember why you wanted to do this. Get tough and just know it will get easier and yes you will have bumps but you can get through those too. You are not alone, we have all been where you are and look how far we have all come!! D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Confused on who bashed you?? We are all pulling for you!! D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat, Do not let Nicodemon get the better of you. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/AngelDevil.gif[/IMG] Think about it Kat ... tell me one thing positive about smoking? Tell me what good is going to come out of you lighting something on fire, letting it burn and then sucking that hot smoke into your body and into your lungs? Really think about it? How absurd does that sound? Pretty irrational, huh? Write your thoughts down and dissect it. Call yourself on your junkie thinking. I do not know if you are on a NRT or not. If not, the nicotine is out of your body. You are now dealing with the memory of your habit. It is time to replace your old nasty habit with new habits that actually benefit you. Will it feel weird at first? Of course it will. You are making a life change. But, I promise you that the more you engage in your NEW habits, the more the OLD NASTY habit will fade away. If you want to change your life, change your mind. Believe in yourself Kate. Embrace the change instead of resisting it. You can do this! Fondly, Free [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/196.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 8

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey all, everyone says that each day only gets more easy but it seems to be getting harder and harder as each day passes!! I know it sounds horrible but I just want to start smoking again, i'm sick of this. I know I would feel really guilty and would be killing myself and I just don't know why those reasons don't hold more weight with me. I have just been sick of this and really haven't stoped thinking about smoking since my last one 12 days ago. this sux. kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi all, well yesterday was rough but I pulled through it. I know that I am going through the worst part of my quit and I really appreciate the support and encouragement I have been recieving here...really I do..thank you. It is only normal to expect this rollercoaster of emotions, which in turn will effect my attitude about quiting. I know that I have to stick with it and I intend to yet being told that I need a new attitude for some reason only infuriates me. I know that we are all trying really hard here and when I, or anyone else, is down and not feeling motivated (i.e. depressed) it would probably be a good idea to avoid the bashing of her/his attitude. sometimes it's hard to play happen all the time and I thank those of you who did not use a belittling undertone in your encouraging notes. good luck kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, it sucks. But it's temporary. Death is permanent. You can do this - you are almost at two weeks (WHICH IS TERRIFIC!) Deep breathing and other coping mechanisms will get you through the tough times. We have all been there and wanted to quit quitting. I personally decided I never wanted to smell rotten and cough again, so I never stopped quitting even when it was SO horrific. You can be strong and do this. There's only one YOU! Hang in thee Kat! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $553 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: