Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Don't need to tell you how I feel

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama - I'm so glad you're still in! I just quit (for the 2nd time) the other day, and I must tell you that reading your post inspired me tremendously. I am using the patch and zyban this time (extra insurance)! I have found the weekend tough, due to the different routine, but I've been keeping busy, and as I mentioned on another post - my house is getting cleaner and cleaner by the hour. Congratulations on your progress. Keep inspiring. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats mama! Yes, day two was the hardest for me so far. Like you, I decided to have my first coffee today. I think a good portion of my withdrawls these first 5 days was from going without caffeine....I drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day. But I had to stop because it was such a trigger for me. I tried a cup today and promised myself I would throw it away if it made me crave too much. I have an announcement for the world: Coffee tastes BETTER without cigarettes!! Woo Hoo!!! :p Congratulations again!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Mama! Without the cigarette, maybe you should look into some gourmet coffee, giving yourself some extra flavor, but somehting worth tasting instead of a cigarette. Just a thought *grins*
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, Mama's still here! i have a very hard time believing that I have been two days without a cigarette, and I don't need to tell you how I feel because day two is pretty universally bad hu? Anyways, yesterday i bought the book, quit smoking the easy way and I really liked it. I think he really minimizing the way that the cravings are in the beginning but other that it's a great book and listening to it on my ipod really did help me last night. This morning, I decided to try actually having coffe while I'm on the SSC, because I think I finally became convinced that the cigarettes don't improve the taste of my coffee or anything and you know, maybe it taste better without the cigarettes. I guess it's really just another addiction but it is good to know that there are things you can still enjoy without smoking. Well, just letting you know I am still here, reading and reading, one day at a time, Eveyone keep up the good work. N.O.P.E Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$74,908.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6521 Hours: 12

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't believe it , but I am actually still here! According to alot of people, I don't have any more nicotine in my body and I would test negitive on a urine test! This is the first time in 30 years!! It really doesn't feel so bad, but now I seem to be having good and bad times. Oh, by the way, I accidently found my daughters cigarettes outside and I am not smoking them. I make it a point not to go out there. I am going to have to be the example for everybody else and I am sure that when she sees that I have made it some time, she will quit as well. I think that what will happen in my family is that everyone will follow me. First of all because I am the leader of my family, and second of all because everyone thinks of me as such a heavy smoker and so addicted, that if I can quit, they will believe they can. I have three kids who smoke. The one that lives at home is just the youngest, but I think that it is really the right time for all of us. I went to see my mother yesterday for a little while who smokes and has COPD and she actually didn't smoke in front of me in her own house. I thought that was really nice and I told her so. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$74,908.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6521 Hours: 12

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are awesome Mama! You go girl. That would be so wonderful if your family decided to follow in your footsteps! I can imagine how wonderful you'd feel it that happened. It would be such a blessing. Keep on keeping your quit ... you are doing so great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$54,478.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5953 Hours: 14

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama ... you are inspiring me and I am so super happy for you!!! *Breaking Free checking in with her gourmet coffee, decaf this morning with chocolate and rasberry [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/yahoo_coffee.gif[/IMG]* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$54,478.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5953 Hours: 14

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, That's great to hear! Good job resisting temptation! Glad to hear your significant others are being supportive and hopefully you'll all make quitting a team effort soon. Keep persevering, you're doing great! Danielle ______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Mama, I knew you could do it! Keep going, you're over the very worst now! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, Mr Ed here again. You're doing well and don't worry about the coffee. I know too much caffeine is not that good for you, but it's hardly the killer addiction that smoking is. And let's face it, if it doesn't kill you, it's likely to make you so ill that you might as well be dead. As I've gone along with my quit, I've realised that life is for living, not for fitting in around a busy smoking schedule. Soon you'll have got through a week, then a month and so on Take care - you can do this! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: