Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Does anyone else do this?

18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BluePanda You're doing GREAT...just ride the emotional bits out. Its what I'm trying to do..and its REALLY hard, but its NOT as hard as starting smoking again and then having to go through all of this AGAIN.... My smoking mainliy happened while I was on the PC, and i am still reaching to the left of my keyboard for my baccy only to remember that I dont smoke anymore...fortunately I find this funny and I laugh (usually out loud!) at what an idiot I must look, reaching for sometihng that isnt there..... Gotta laugh, or I'll cry! I'm not sleeping well, and i'm EXHAUSTED....I feel like i cant wake up properly - dozy, no spacial awareness (i keep walking INTO doorframes instead of THRU them...lol) and I'm quite tearful today, but THIS WILL PASS. I just wanted you to know you're not alone, keep it up, you're doing really well!! Crystal xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$326,916.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4422 Hours: 15

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou all for your words =) BluePanda...I hope you're feeling a little better. I am, if only cuz i know i've ALMOST made the ONE WEEK MARK (tmw).....and i've not cheated or ANYTHING! I am SO PROUD! I also wanted to let other 'newbies' know that I am physically MUCH better....so (despite my own doubts!) the VILE symptoms DONT LAST FOR EVER! i EVEN slept for FOUR WHOLE HOURS STRAIGHT without waking up last night...i KNOW its not much, but after 5 DAYS of NO deep sleep, it DOES make a difference!!! I ALSO had a drink last night, and altho i was tempted (as i KNEW i would be!) I didnt cave at ALL. I DID try sustituting cigarettes with carrot sticks, but I couldn't LIGHT the b*ggers....any suggestions?! ;) See, sense of HUMOUR in tact as WELL......it MUST be getting better! Good luck with the quits everyone, and thankyou Ron for your words...i've read a number of your posts and I wanted to let you know that it means a LOT that you're able to support someone ELSE when its clear that sometimes you're feeling REALLY low with this...i think you're doing GREAT...KEEP IT UP! BIG hugs to you ALL, Crystal xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$326,916.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4422 Hours: 15

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I did the same, keep forgetting, and not only that I do not smoke, but everything else. Still there are moments, when I feel, I take a cg of my bag - and than I realize in my bag is no cg - etc. it always takes a few seconds. It is good, it reminds. It helps you to be consiuos, and not only act because of a routine. It is difficult, but you can enjoy it as well. Keep your quit. Parola [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the encouragement Crystal... I can realate... Last night I walked into a door frame (I mean I hit it hard!):) Also, it was a little scary yesterday when I drove a few miles to the post office and almost rear ended the car in front of me 3 times. I didn't realize how spacey I was until the third time... I kept thinking it was the other drivers but finally realized it was because for the first time in many years I wasn't having my usual on the way to the p.o. smoke and I was almost hyperventilating over it. grrrrrrrr.... this too shall end. We'll get thru this!
Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to respond. You've all given me a lot to think about... I suppose I really need to stop beating myself up for forgetting and just find the humor in all of this insanity. I think part of the problem I'm having is that it's starting to sink in that I won't EVER have another smoke... well, that's a good thing but it's freaking me out too. Yesterday I was so angry I couldn't stand it and I didn't know why... This morning I woke up crying and haven't stopped. Not really crying out loud but the tears won't stop and I don't know why. I guess this is my day to have my little pity party... in the back of my mind I'm thinking "O.k... get over it... get on with it... suck it up Nancy"... but I guess part of me has to cry it out. This is such a roller coaster but I know I have to stay for the whole ride. Good luck to all of us - you're all a great inspiration for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
I'm on day 4 of my quit and for the most part I've done better than I thought I would. But, for some reason I keep "forgetting" that I've quit smoking - especially in the evenings. I always went outside to smoke on the porch. Everytime I turn around I am absentmindedly heading for the porch to have my smoke. Most of the time I get all the way to the door before it hits me that I don't smoke anymore. This is really driving me crazy and makes me sooooo angry! To be honest, today everything makes me angry. I'm trying to just think positive but the truth is that I loved smoking and I hate quitting... I refuse to give in only because I have such contempt for the tobacco industry that seduced me so many years ago. But, God I want a cigarette so bad I can hardly stand it! This afternoon my husband and I left a restaurant and I saw a lady sitting on a bench outside smoking... I almost knocked my husband over trying to get closer to her so that I could get a little whif of her second hand smoke... sigh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Thanks for all your responses. I kept waking up - it seemed like every hour all night Friday night dreaming that I was smoking... so Saturday was pretty rough but I made it thru. All the advice about taking it in small steps... one minute... five minutes... whatever it takes has been VERY helpful. Thanks so much for that!!! It also helps to remember that this is my choice and not a life sentence but something I should embrace as a good thing and be glad for. I think I have spent too much time/energy obsessing over quitting smoking as a loss... have to change my thinking on that so that I can keep moving forward. I slept a lot to get thru yesterday - layed on the couch and alternated between watching mindless tv and just pulling the covers over my head and sometimes just concentrating on breathing thru the next minute. A pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk all to myself also helped to fill in the gaps. :) I have a very busy work day today so I think that will help me get thru today. 7:45 a.m. tomorrow morning makes a full week of no cigs for me... I'm almost there! Good Luck Everyone and thanks for all your help!
Thanks for the advice Pam - yes, I definitely need to stop "hating" quitting... that will take some effort on my part but I know I can do it because in the end I think quitting smoking is the best thing I can do for myself and for anyone I care about (and that cares about me)... so, after I get over the pity party part of not smoking I can see that it's really a cause for celebration. Also, looking at your stats of over 4,000 cigs not smoked is sooooo encouraging for me! Hi Ron - yes, I agree - encouraging other people can give us strength in our own fight. The nice thing about this site is that we can share the journey with others who know EXACTLY how we are feeling - and quitting smoking doesn't seem so daunting when there are so many people cheering you on and also letting you know that they've already proven that this is a battle that can be won... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bluepanda & crystal, Way to go you two!!! You have almost a week in so far, thats something to be very proud of! I hope your sleep patterns are somewhat better now, hang in there... it takes time. Keep the quit you two!!! N.O.P.E. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 957 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It seems like we get our inner strength from trying to help others. I know this may sound funny but hoping and praying the new people find the power within themselves to fight this evil addiction, gives me the strength to keep the quit as well. I'm so very proud of all you people! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 992 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: