Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Quit Smoking e cigs 3 months ago, suddenly short of breath

4 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congrats on quitting ecigs! When it comes to breathing it is best to get it checked out by a medical professional. A doctor will be able to properly assess you. 

Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I’m new to the community. I’m 18 years old and very active physically. I smoked e cigs for about 6 months and have been smoke free since March 4 ( 3 1/2) months. I am very concerned as hu month 2 I started getting very short of breath and a bad cough. Is this normal during recovery? Is it my lungs healing? I went to the doctor and got my chest and lungs checked along with an X-ray as well, everything was normal. Is this asthma? My family has had no history with it. Or does this usually go away? I read something about how this could be the cilia repairing and my lungs are healing. I’m very confused and concerned and any help or advice and guidance would be appreciated. Please let me know if you went through this as well, and for how long you did and if this is normal.
  • Quit Meter

$56,722.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4388 Hours: 14

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: