Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,487 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

What positive changes have you noticed?

12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. All the support from people going through the same thing I'm going through makes it that much easier. 
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Kristen!  Almost through 'hell' week but it sounds like you are ahead of the game.  Keep breathing and keep moving forward.

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What i've noticed since quiting smoking is my inability to sit still. I'm not complaining because i'm getting things done around my apartment that need to be done. More positive things are I can smell things better and water is even more delicious then it was when i was still smoking. The cravings are getting weaker and weaker as the days pass and i'm on day 4 of my journey.
12 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have cut down to half so far today and doing other things instead.
:The longest walk starts with the first step."  Or something like that.
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 One of the nicer surprizes I have found since quiting smoking is how calm I now feel. Calm is now my natural state that gets interupted from time to time by life. Instead of an everyday manic life that gets interupted from time to time by calm. It is something I never would have guessed would result from stopping smoking.
12 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My teeth are getting whiter every day. They're white enough now that I don't even worry about smiling anymore.

I'm sleeping much better.

I'm craving healthier foods. And I feel thirsty sometimes. I never used to feel thirsty--only hungry. Now I actually want water from time to time. 
People around me are talking more about quitting smoking and seem more genuinely interested in trying. ;) Woohoo!
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
These positive changes must be so satisfying!  It's great to hear the world around you is that much brighter.
Way to go!!
Everything is REALLY tasting delicious now. :) And I've gone through all my clothes at least once so the cigarette smell I carried around with me is completely gone.

My home is just beautiful. ;) So little dust and the colours are all vivid and bright. 
I'm not sure - it's so different for everyone.

This time I think the main difference is that I really have had enough. Even before I started this latest quit, I had to force myself a little to have a cigarette. I'd be watching TV just a few minutes before going to bed, take out a cigarette, and hold it in my hand sometimes 10-15 minutes before I got around to smoking it. Then I'd think, "Should I bother? Yeah, might as well. It's so good."

I think the trick was that I've tried to quit so frequently over the past year or so. Every time I went back to smoking, I only gave myself a few months at best before trying again. I think I wore my motivation to smoke out.

And I keep telling myself: I've had enough. I'm an ex-smoker. Keep calm and carry on. Over and over.

There's also the patch. That's really working for me. This latest quit I haven't selected and craving level higher than 2 yet - and after just one week I'm selecting a craving level of 1.

I'm sure I'll have some discomfort to deal with transitioning to the lower dose patch in 5 weeks - but, that's fine. That'll be longing for the patch, not a cigarette.

One more good thing I noticed today: I sleep better. I wake up more refreshed. AND my eyes are more clear and white. 

Reading this thread: