Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Is it worth it??

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice one, Henny Penny!

Sparky, hope this week is treating you well. I know there are lots of temptations out and about this time of year. This might be a good week for everyone to set a new goal or review your Emergency Coping Plan.

Good luck!!

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,458.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 11

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welllll, there is one positive to smoking again ---
 You will positively hate it!!

Best, 
HP

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Silly little Sparkster, Of course it's not worth it. Ever. No matter what. Period. Happy you already knew that.
13 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoking is NOT worth it!

Jazz, Jan, Lainey, Sparky!  WOW you guys are still here.  How are you all?

Sparky sorry to hear about your husband having cancer.  I'll add you to my prayer list.  Congrats on the awesome stats!
Lady
13 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's not worth it! Never again!
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember early in my quit talking about taking a piece of paper, folding it in half, and writing worth it in one column and not worth it in the other column.  They writing the pros and cons of smoking in their respective column.  Once I quit, I couldn't fill in a single pro.  Everything about smoking was a con.  You've reinforced that there just isn't a single positive thing about smoking!  May Santa give all us good smoke free health this year for Christmas!
13 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky.  I'm so glad to see you posting.  And you're so right, it's SO not worth it.  I think of MM a lot as well, and wonder how her and her family are coping.  I also think of you and hubby a lot, and am glad you are able to update us once in a while on his progress.  Warm wishes Sparky.  Jazz
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think about MM daily also. I check her FB page often for updates.
13 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so proud of you, Sparky!  Is it worth it?  The old ways?  No way!!!!  One day at a time...and in the end, it just makes you feel so good...not smoking.  Both physically and mentally.
I think about MM quite often.  She is in my prayers...as are you and hubby.  You are an amazing lady.  I have definitely missed being here.

((((hugs))))
Jan
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hubby is doing ok for now.  We joined a gym and have been working out together.  With the radiation and chemo left him very thin and no muscles.  He really needs to build himself up and fight this dam cancer.  So we are fighting it and having a great time doing it.  Love the Won day at a time.  Can I use it??

Breather, I talked to our friend a few weeks ago.  Not good.  Should call her again, but.........................  Keep her in your prayers and her family.

Samantha, I will try and post more often, but sometime I just don't what to write about. 

Keep the Quit
Sparky

Reading this thread: