Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

I am getting tired of this..

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,,, I am interested to know what your longest quit was and what tempted you back to smoking each time. thanks

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 305
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,625
Amount Saved: $2,440.00
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 2 Mins: 48 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, like Rock, I had been smoke-free for 27 days when I started posting again. As you can see, my join date was July 4, 2007. And to be honest about it, I know that I joined earlier (I quit for 42 days in 2006), probably under another name. Waiting to post took some pressure off. We're not saying you have to do what we did. We just want you to know that "Never quit quitting" does not mean set yourself up for guilt and failure. SSC will be here for you.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 109
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,052
Amount Saved: $1,182.65
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 23 Mins: 32 Seconds: 31

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas,

You have received excellent advice and input from fellow quitters - listen to them because they can totally relate to your current state of mind!

Review all your reasons for wanting to quit in the first place and keep them close by so that you can read them every time you feel weak. Take some time to understand your triggers and analyze what led you to slip so that you can develop better strategies.

We are here for you any time you need to vent or are feeling low. Quitting is a process and taking it one day at a time is the best you can do right now.

Stay strong and good luck!

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Spacecase!!!

I, too, am sorry to here about your slip.  I know from reading your posts that you are a real worrier, but you just can't worry about this and put so much pressure on yourself!!!  I think that you have been putting a lot of pressure on yourself to do this for your kiddos and family, but to get this done, you HAVE to do this for YOU!!!

I think that the Alan Carr book would be helpful to you...  I can't remember if I have ever read that you have read the book, but it sure has helped a lot of our quit buddies here!

When you are ready again, POST before you make the effort to go to the store or what ever you do to find those nasty things!  Wait for those 5 replies!  It really does work!  We're here for you when you're ready!

Jim 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 531
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,275
Amount Saved: $2,190.38
Life Gained:
Days: 90 Hrs: 0 Mins: 4 Seconds: 51

• Quit Meter

$44,205.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 0

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas, lots of good advice here.  When it is your time you will know.  Take as much time as you need to regroup.  Really go through your quit plan.  Remember to treat yourself like ROYALTY!!!!  I like the idea of posting your quit date once you reach a certain number of days.  If you go back and read my initial postings, I was a hermit the first month.  I stayed away from smokers, I avoided friends, I did everything I could to keep me away from smokes.  And for me, it worked.  I told my friends that I couldn't go to a bar, restaurant, or their house until I was comfortable with my quit.  If they wanted to see me, they had to come to my house where it is smoke free.  Most had no problems doing that.  Do what you need to do.  This quit is all about YOU!  Grab my hand when you are ready!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 363
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,520
Amount Saved: $3,630.00
Life Gained:
Days: 54 Hrs: 4 Mins: 19 Seconds: 28

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I sure do understand where you are coming from.  I do so well and then out of know where I smoke again.  Why???  If I knew I wouldn't do it.  I have no words except don't give up on quitting.  Once you can move past the guilt, you will focus again on quitting.  That dam quilt, we are our own worst enemies.   Like Breather suggested Allen Carr's book.  I am reading it again and this time really reading it.  It worked well for me before, but then I became all powerful and smoked.  You hang in there and one day you and I can be quitters, one day at a time.  ((((HUGS))))

Keep the Quit
Sparky

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas   When the time is right for you to try again you will. If you haven't tried the Allan Carr book I'd definitely suggest it. The thing about the book is that you continue to smoke until you've finished the book so there's no pressure on you to quit. I don't think I would have been able to stop without it , in fact , I'm sure of it. Maybe the secret is to not be in a rush , to slow down and back it up a bit. You have a whole community on your side here so don't leave until the miracle happens.  breather
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 280
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,000
Amount Saved: $6,720.00
Life Gained:
Days: 51 Hrs: 8 Mins: 2 Seconds: 38

Reading this thread: