Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

this is where I am..

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas, grab my hand too if you need it!  I'll be sending happy thoughts your way! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 358
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,320
Amount Saved: $3,580.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 12 Mins: 3 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas, I had a hysterectomy when I was 35 because of severe fibroids. ...and I got the diagnosis of bipolar disorder at about that time as well. I also had endometrial hyperplasia that was benign. My hormones were just wacked. My point is that what you have is likely  common women's health problem. However, quitting smoking does provide relief because we become less paranoid about health problem.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 104
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,912
Amount Saved: $1,128.40
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 10 Mins: 33 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley and Jim...thank you both so much..

Jim your post brought tears to my eyes...It means so much to me to have you and everyone else here to help me and to understand..I may get weepy today as I am a ball of emotions right now..Your right I have to do this there is no more backing out of it and no more failures..I have been working on the I can do attitude and I have accepted that even though i need the lozenges that it is ok..At least I want have all the chemicals that are killing me..Your also right about I gotta be the best mommy i can be and fight with tooth and nail to make sure I am around for my babies...I am setting my meter for Saturday which is the 15th and that is the last time I am resetting it..I don't have time to waste on any more tries,this is got to be it..I will come here and post alot as i see that I need you all and you all may get sick of me posting so much but I will do it so I want slip because I don't have the life to waste on  smoking anymore...i am reaching out and grabbing hands and come Saturday i want let go for nothing..Stay strong and well everyone..

14 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry to read this Spacecas, but we will be here for you every step of the way.

To my understanding cervical dysplasia is quite common and often does not develope into cancer. So let's hope that is all it is.  Whatever the case you are right smoking will make things worse.

Keep working at it.  You will get there.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kiddo!!!

Hang in there and start the preparation once again!!!  This time you know that you have to go into this with a "CAN DO" attitude!!!  Every time adversity comes your way, you really HAVE to be the Mommy and do what ever it takes to get the job done!!!  

I know you can do it!!!  You just haven't convinced yourself yet that you have it in you!!!  It's time to do some convincing and just do it!!!  Every time you think about having a cigarette...  POST  and tell the demon NOPE!!!

YOU  CAN  DO  THIS!!!

Jim

You are not alone in this journey!  Take our hands and hold on tight!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 526
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,150
Amount Saved: $2,169.75
Life Gained:
Days: 89 Hrs: 3 Mins: 56 Seconds: 27

• Quit Meter

$44,002.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 4

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok I am sure that everyone has been wondering where I have been at...Well i have been lost up until today..I was getting up every morning saying ok I am stopping today again and then jump back into cigarette land..

Today i keep saying was make it or break it day..I had my biopsy today the results wasn't that good..The doctor said she knows the results are coming back abnormal..We just gotta wait two weeks to see how badly abnormal they are..

At this point sitting here facing cancer I know it would be stupid to keep smoking..i cried today and thought about how bad I don't wanna be sick and how bad I wish I could change these results..well i can in a way all i gotta do is not smoke and I will be raising my chances by alot..right now I know that I can be cured..as long as I don't get any other kind of cancer..so now I am going to pick a new date some time really soon..maybe not tomorrow as my emotions are still really raw right this minute but at least by Monday..

It is terrible that it takes something like this to really make you wanna change what you already knew was hurting you..
today when the doctor handed me some papers with all kinds of cancer fighting foods that i gotta add to my diet and then instructed me to go get on womens multi vitamins to boost my system it hit me what I was facing and what the doctor already knows..I got three beautiful girls and a husband that needs me to be around and if I keep smoking i may not be here..The doctor said if I can even decrease down to a couple a day i reduce the damage greatly..
I gotta do this even if it makes me miserable for the rest of my life..My girls deserve to have their mommy with them for a long long time..i know what it is like to lose your mommy at a young age and I will not purposely do that to my baby's..
So it is time..i will do this and it is going to take every thing I got in me to do it...I will be back soon and let you all know when my day is..Thanks for being here and Jim thanks for being concerned it sure does mean alot really more than you know..

Reading this thread: