Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Just checking in to say Hey!

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had that "empty" feeling for a while..........hard to remember exactly when it went away..........But it did.  Nothing that my addict tries now surprises me........
I just stay ready for it, keep on saying N.O.P.E.

Stay Strong buddy......it gets better and easier.

Keep the Quit
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 163
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,890
Amount Saved: $684.60
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 3 Mins: 22 Seconds: 1

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terry!!!

First of all, congratulations on the great quit you have going for yourself!!!  I don't know if I experienced sadness, it was more of something missing!  I did miss those death sticks, or so I thought.  I hated the way I felt and I knew it was caused by the addiction!  It just made me madder and madder at the damn nico-demon and made me more determined to get it's strangle-hold off of me!!!  I hope that you can become even more determined to close that door, lock it and keep that demon away!!!

As for the smoking dreams...  you'll probably have them for a while, just as most of us here have!  As a matter of fact, I had one just last night!  I dreamed that I had met up with one of my friends and after a moment, she smelled the smoke and noticed that I had a cigarette between my fingers!  I was like what the heck!!!   Where did that come from!!!  I hadn't smoked any of it or anything, but there it was as clear as could be!!!  I woke up immediately looking for that damn thing!!!  That sneaky little devil still lurks, but now I think it knows that the only way it can try to get to me is through my sub-conscious mind!  So, don't fear the dreams, either!  If they come, become even more determined to protect your quit!!!  I sure am!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 490
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,250
Amount Saved: $2,021.25
Life Gained:
Days: 83 Hrs: 1 Mins: 59 Seconds: 32

• Quit Meter

$44,205.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter