Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Is there anyone out there?

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Young Lady Spacecas,

You have lots of time left before you quit to find a buddy with a similar quit date. - Who knows, one of us might regress - though I hope not - but if you watch for new members' names on the home page of this site and check their postings, could be you will find someone.  Whether you do or not, remember that we are all here. 

Do I remember that your hubby was quitting just before you?  It would be great if the 2 of you could do this together as each others' support partners, even if your quit dates were not quite the same.  Read Trillium and Stucool - they've done well together even though they didn't stop at the same time.

Believe  me, having such 'close' support can be invaluable.  My hubby quit, seemingly without much trouble,  17 months before I started to try.  I'm sorry to say that I didn't understand much about this at the time and wasn't actively supportive for him.  He is 'paying me back' by not offering much understanding or warm cuddlies (damn it, not even cookies!) as I go through what is documentedly more difficult for females than for males.  (I may have invented a word in that last sentence!) 

However it goes, I think you are aware that, in the final analysis, we are all alone regardless of how we share our trials.  Not meaning to discourage you in finding a quit buddy - just hoping you have learned from this site that it is your quit, your life, your decisions and you get your support wherever you may find it!

Hope it goes well for you and keep watching the posts here.

All my best,

Wynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 32
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 576
Amount Saved: $259.20
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 10 Mins: 11 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Spacecas!

Is there anyone out there who has the same quit date as Spacecas? Or perhaps there is someone with a quit date within the same week as Spacecas? Let`s hear it!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just bringing my original post back up in hopes of someone being out there with the same quit date..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -420
Amount Saved: $-84.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -135948

Reading this thread: