Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Okay this is the deal................

14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky:
    I am so proud of you.  You know what you want and you are going after it with all of your might.  Keep up the good work.
Kiaser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 310
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,750
Amount Saved: $387.50
Life Gained:
Days: 62 Hrs: 11 Mins: 12 Seconds: 47

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

Thank you so much for posting this!

By reflecting on your quit and what you have gained as a non-smoker, it really sounds like you will make this last. Great job!

You mentioned in your post that you have used your journal in the past to record your thoughts, food intake, etc. There is also the availability of the blog on this site that you may find useful. Have you accessed your blog to post your own experiences? Have you read other members' blogs about their journey as non-smokers?

Perhaps you would also find this feature of the site helpful!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky- I have been having sleeping (and anxiety)problems also and have been able to manage it with herbs-  they really work for me !. For sleeping I take Valerian and for my anxiety I have been taking Holy Basil. Three months ago I would have said no way but decided if I was going to make this quit my final I was going to need everything that could assist. I did the research on both and they are harmless and non addictive. Hope this helps

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 64
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,280
Amount Saved: $352.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 9 Mins: 37 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky - good for you my friend, way to fight that addictive *****

xoxoxoo
Sue

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/3/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 763
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,630
Amount Saved: $1,526.00
Life Gained:
Days: 74 Hrs: 7 Mins: 39 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, you can use your journal to release those feelings too. That's the beauty of a journal, you can write anything you want to. That aside, it is still a battle with the junkie, and you have to stay strong and use all of your tools, until you feel sure of yourself. I know that if I ever would take a single drag, I would be right back to a pack a day or more, so I know that I can never touch another cigarette, and that is what keeps me a non smoker. It is not the fear of it, it is the fact of it, the fact that I am an addict. You will do it Sparky, just remember how awful the cigarettes were, they were killing you, not helping you.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 822
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,550
Amount Saved: $8,672.10
Life Gained:
Days: 108 Hrs: 20 Mins: 24 Seconds: 48

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky   You're doing all the right things and paying attention to your needs. Understand that this is a process. Excellent to be able to identify what is going on with yourself and using H.A.L.T. You are becoming better and growing away from things unhealthy. I wish everyone could learn this to fall back on in the hard times. We are all proud of you. Way to go Sparky. Excellent  breather 205 Addict still 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 205
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,250
Amount Saved: $4,920.00
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 16 Mins: 12 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am trying to stay with my promise and post, but you know how pride can get in the way and sometimes I think I sound like a broken record.  So I have come here and started to look up some of my old post just see if I could gleam some insight.  Well............ I saw a whole bunch of days almost 500 and in one puff they were gone only to start at 1 again.  I know I had them and know can take them away, but darn it!!

But I was thinking (danger ) and it accrued to me I was not paying attention to H.A.L.T.  I keep a journal to track my food and exercise and try to write something little about the day.  Well I started writing a couple nights ago and there it was "I was hungry because I am watching my food intake, I was angry because I wanted something fattening to eat, I was isolating so I was lonely and I have not slept well for a long time so I was tired.  Talk about an eye opener.  Breather and I have shared the H.A.L.T. signature, but I changed mine when I came back.  People please pay attention to what is going on around you.  

Hubby and I walked yesterday and I b!tch about everything and I do mean everything and by the time we finished I felt so much better.  Bless his little heart for listening.  Today was much better.  But I must stay honest if I want to continue and I want someone, if only one to understand it is better to come here and light up.  Thank you all.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 690
Amount Saved: $138.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 0 Mins: 27 Seconds: 0

Reading this thread: