Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Lost the love of my life anyone else feel the same???

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done on the three days, Buer.  You'll do it if you want to quit smoking more than you want to smoke.  Keep reading around in the archives here to strengthen your motivation.
  Remember that it's your life that you're going to save.

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 265
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,625
Amount Saved: $2,981.25
Life Gained:
Days: 49 Hrs: 5 Mins: 43 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for all your help and advice - feel very positive today. It makes me feel like i can do this when so many of you have.

Thanks again x

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/6/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 75
Amount Saved: �28.31
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 5 Mins: 16 Seconds: 38

• Quit Meter

$53,557.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 525 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You may lose this love of your life, but you'll gain so many new loves in your life.  Clothes that smell downy fresh.  Hugs from people who didn't want to hug you before because you smelled from smoke.  Walking up a small hill and not getting winded.  Going to the doctor/dentist and not being told to quit smoking.  Not sucking on breath mints and chewing gum so people didn't smell smoke on your breath.  Not having to take breaks every hour or so at work.  Not worrying if you put out that last cig before you go to bed.  I LOVE all of these new loves in my life!  I'm at 7 weeks today, so I'm still a pretty new "non-smoker".  I cannot wait until I am one of the OLD non-smokers with years instead of weeks in my stats!  My stat meter is my new love, and I love it more every day!  Congratulations on your quit.  I hope you find lots of new loves!!! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 49
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,960
Amount Saved: $392.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 8 Mins: 43 Seconds: 58

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Buer,

As Sue said, you can make add a photo, a quit video and some personal information from 'Support Group Options' located just above the forums on the right hand side and you can display your quit meter from your 'Personal Profile' found just about Support Group Option.

Congratulations on making it through your first couple of days!

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
click on support group options, top right for the pic and other info, and your meter is in your profile - button top top right that says my profile.  You will have to enter some info, save and presto!

have a great day today!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/3/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 524
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,240
Amount Saved: $1,048.00
Life Gained:
Days: 51 Hrs: 1 Mins: 32 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 buer25
This lover will pick you up ,suck the life out of you ,spit you out and drop you in the ground 6 feet under and move on to somebody else without batting an eye  .Now I don't know about you but I think I would rather live with a black widow spider than a lover like that .Just a thought .  

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/20/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 568
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,360
Amount Saved: $4,544.00
Life Gained:
Days: 138 Hrs: 1 Mins: 53 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks soooooo much for your replys, i really appreciate it. Helps so much knowing that other people are going through the same as me. (or have gone through)
My boyfriend is after quitting with me so hopefully we will be able to survive it cause we are already having rows over silly little things - we laugh about it 10 mins later but its hard.

Re the Alan Carr book, i have read it and found it no use whatsoever. Im sure it does work for some people but its just not for me. Im a stubborn person and im not gonna let this get the better of me. hope this stubborness keeps up though cause i can't wait to say the words to my friends at the weekend - im a non smoker (for 5 days at that stage but still a bit jump for me)

Can I ask ye a question, how do i get my quit meter up so my progress can be seen and also how do i put up a pic like ye have up?

Thanks so much again for all yer responses - makes me feel good to be a non smoker.
  • Quit Meter

$53,557.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 525 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean, I once could not image life without my love, quitting will change your perspective though and you will realize that love was in fact sucking the life out of you.

Stay on your path, keep focused and reach out for help when you need it.

all the best to you
Sue

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/3/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 523
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,230
Amount Saved: $1,046.00
Life Gained:
Days: 51 Hrs: 0 Mins: 39 Seconds: 54

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hum, lost the love of your life?  How does one define "LOVE" ?  To be right up front I have been at the quitting game for a very long time.  I just lost a year long + quit because I couldn't stay away from the "LOVE" of my life.  Let me tell it took less than two week be back to all the abuse that my "LOVE" could mustard up.  I was back to getting up in the middle of the night to spend with my LOVE and checking to make sure I had enough to get me though the day.  Oh, yes and my "LOVE" gave me back my cough, shortness of breath, his/her lovely smell, and allowed me to feel like a looser and an outcast.  But you know what all you have to do is say NO and don't smoke and you will get though this.  Yes it is rough for a few days or weeks, but you will get better. 

The book that was suggested is a must read for any quitter.  Come here read and post. Work the program.  Have plenty of water, take walks, make a list of why you want to quit and carry them with you.  There is a saying N.O.P.E. = NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!!  Take a pen and write that in the palm of your hand or on the fingers that you held your cigarettes with.   You are not alone, come join us and let us help you find a new "LOVE"

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 70
Amount Saved: $10.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 2 Mins: 34 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I agree, all these feelings are just an illusion!
How can a mass murderer be the love of our lifes?? Not possible!!
It's an enemy, and its days of ruling on you are over because you have chosen life!
Think positive, and you will be a happy ex-smoker!! You win everything there is to win, you lose nothing, because smoking offers absolutely nothing.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 56
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,120
Amount Saved: �112.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 19 Mins: 18 Seconds: 32

Reading this thread: