Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Another reason to quit!!

16 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HUMMY!! how great to hear from you and look at your stats, way to go!!! Thanks for your kind words, I do hope too that someone is helped with their quit through this post. One thing that bothered me at the funeral is to see all the smokers puffing away knowing how they hurt from losing Gerry to cancer. But then I was just as guilty. I hope they soon learn like I did. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1074 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8,055.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 149 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Wendy, So sorry to hear about your brother in law. Year after year this horrible addiction takes our loved ones. Thanks for posting - hopefully, your post will help someone else stay on track. Not cravin', never cavin' Hugs, Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1060 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,890.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 145 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$472,212.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5381 Hours: 8

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it. They buried Gerry on Wed. at one of the largest funerals I have ever saw. This man was so well loved it is beyond words. The eulogy his friend gave was one of the nicest I have ever heard, but then its easy to talk about someone so wonderful. He had his last birthday one week before he passed away and they let him do his birthday cake first (before dinner) because he "wanted to" His family did everything they could to make his last days special, the only thing they couldnt do was keep him here, and they are so heart broken over losing him. Keep your quit no matter what, dont put your family and friends through this. QUITTING is the best thing you will EVER do for YOU!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1072 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8,040.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 149 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear 3galeh, I am sending up prayers for your sister in law, her family and yours to give all of you strength and courage during this very tragic time. My entire family smoke(d) and I'm the ONLY one who has stopped. I've been to more funeral's than I can remember - lost count many many years ago. The loss is unbearable and by sharing what has happened to your loved one will most certainly remind us why we are all here... NOPE! Love and a warm hug of support.... Peace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3galeh, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Quitting has increased all our odds for a longer, healthier, happy life. Cancer is only one of the many health risks that smoking can give us. I'm proud of you for seeing that addiction to nicotine is a cold blooded killer. My hat's off to everyone who's quit or who's even thinking of quitting. It can be done...we're proof there's plenty of happy life after quitting. Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 425 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,950.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$120,902.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 962 Hours: 22

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 3Galeh, I found my birth family around 15 years ago, I was told then that I had an uncle who died of lung cancer at the age of 33 years old. Last year I had a doctor who asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with COPD (I have been sick with Bronchitis and Sinusitis twice a year for the past 5 years.)I think that's when I made the subconscious decision to quit smoking. I have been very lucky and have not been sick yet this year. My prayers are with you and your family. And congratulations on your stats. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3Galeh, Hi, and so sorry for your loss in the family. This news gives me the chills and only reinforces my commitment to my Quit... I was headed for emphysema but I felt that the smoking was going to give me lung cancer for years back when I was smoking... I didn't really appreciate the Idea of being a non-smoker until I was actually doing it! Now, I wouldn't kill that sense of freedom for anything... thanks for the sorry reminder of what crazy behaviour has in store for us... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $776.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3galeh, We are sorry to hear about your loss and hope that others will take from this to make their quit stronger. Our condolences are with you and your family during this time. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there 3galeh! You are not mourning alone. The tears have crept down the corner of my eyes reading your post and are doing so now. Man.... I have got to quit reading posts here at work!!! I, too, have lost family members to lung cancer. It is just a TERRIBLE way to have to leave life!!! I have a huge inspiration for quitting; I DO NOT WANT LUNG CANCER!!! I don't want to face that fate, that agony, that pain, that suffering! I don't want my family to have to face that either!!! This is what I think about when I have an urge or craving. For those of you who have that craving bad enough that you are just about ready to run down to the convenience store and buy that next pack of killers, just think about what I have said!!! I think about it every day! There is no option for me, I have to be a non-smoker or I WILL die a very nasty death! NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!! OK, thanks for listening to my babble! Time to get back to work!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $86.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 1

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So sorry for your loss 3Galeh! Yes, you are right, quit while you can! All we really have is today, tomorrow has no guarantees! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 386 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,072.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: