Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Hey all you warm chickens ...

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you for sharing your experience! This is very helpful to those who are lurking or having troubles :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Faith! Nekkid rules. I too used the patch (for more than one quit) It does work wonderfully when you follow the program to a T, and don't rush to get off of it. You will really start to notice how much better it gets again, once off nicotine! Good for you! Prairie chicks rock!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 373 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,935.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Faith, gotta tell ya, you look really good nekkid ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 314 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used the patch a few years back along with zyban. It worked great until I got down to the 2mg patch. Really, I don't know if thats what it was. I was feeling so good that I stopped taking the zyban, cold turkey like a dumb sh**. I went into what they called seratonin rage, it was horrible, I never felt sot depressed or imobile in my life, and I was smoking like a chimney which made it worse. They treated me with all kinds of anti depressants trying to make me feel better. I was so scared to try and quit again, but I really needed to realize that I messed myself up by fooling with the directions and the chemicals. So, this isn't to scare anybody, its to tell you Faith is right, there are directions for a reason, I think if we follow them, maybe customize it a bit for our needs, we are much better off. Good luck to all using the patch. I know a lot of my co workers quit using it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $363.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
let's help all the new people that are using the patch by relating our experiences with it. There seem to be a few people in the midst of it with questions. I'll start. :) This has been my fourth or fifth (or sixth) time using the patch and this has been my most sucessful quit. I think one of the reasons is that I followed the suggested instructions for the first time. I told myself that NO MATTER how uncomfortable I got, either physically or emotionally I would not smoke and I would let the feelings pass. No matter how long it took. I also told myself that I would believe what the 'oldtimers' were saying. That it would get better. And it did. And it WAS a Tuesday! :) I knew that the further along I went on the patch that the junkie (monster) would get more and more nervous and would start talking to me more. Hoping to convince me that I could not do it. Well, scr*w that! Once I recognised the voice of the junkie suddenly I had the power to overcome. It was such a lovely step down process for me. Really gave me a chance to get used to not smoking without full fledged withdrawals. Hope it helps. :) Faith I've been nekkid now for ten days ... no problems. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $960.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: