Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Where's the light at the end of the tunnel?

16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, gosh Sparky sorry to see you still have cravings. I know the last craving I had lasted about 2 seconds so not much to worry about. Sometimes it never feels like you have arrived but I assure you Sparky. You are there! Yeah Tresa, what is normal? If you ever find out please let me know. Thanks Jose, good to see you're still around. Blue Blue bleu! Get a Blue bike and ride with me! Alohakeia, good thing I'm not where you are cause I would ride down the hill and pick up a bag of those roasted Macadamia nuts ever day! Anna and Penitent, great to see you guys here, keep up the good work! Hope everyone has a great day. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $892.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice Post. Congratulations John! Penitent d1334 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,397.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1117 Hours: 1

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good post there John! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 368 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,545.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember that very clearly John! and I am still jealous of your bike and places to ride it :p You're a great quitter and it is nice when you stop in to encourage others. Happy late Birthday btw....it was my daughter's, too, so I wasn't around much that day. Still 30 something, right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,006.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and a new bicycle later he is still smoke free and having fun. way to go John, you are a good example. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $764.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Jon, Experiences help validate our quits and show that we can quit! This is an addiction with so many faces. Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love success stories :) it really is an amazing thing when one relizes that the need for nicotine is no longer needed, John thanks for putting this here for the new ones, Sparky iam still trying to find normal LOL Tresa Good Job John :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1982 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,937.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 283 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$14,476.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 683 Hours: 20

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, you will never be normal, LOL. Light at the end of the tunnel. The way I see it; some see it sooner than others. I have seen glimmers, but I am not at the end of the tunnel yet. Most things have returned to "normal", whatever that is", but I still have a crave now and then. But I smoked for 51 years, so maybe it will be there for a while. But I DO NOT HAVE TO ACT ON THEM AND I DON'T. Thanks for the post. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here is a excerpt from one of my old posts in hopes to inspire those who have quit but are still experiencing cravings. I did the post below on Sept 26th 2007 after I noticed that I didn't have any more cravings even after emotional triggers. Also copied are the stats from when I sent it. Here it is... [i] --------------- Been kinda busy so haven't made many posts here but felt a need to mark this point in my quit to note that I am finally feeling good, very good in fact. No more cravings Not tired anymore Not cranky anymore I did the chantix for 10 weeks after destroying the last cigarettes I had. I never took another puff or ever looked back. The last thing I had to contend with was lack of energy. My doctor told me to try Dannon's DanActive. He said other patents of his have been commenting on it. So what the heck I tried it. The stuff is amazing. Way more energy So now I am looking into positive things to do with this energy. I ended up ordering a new Bicycle. I used to ride all the time in my younger (and thinner) days. After I ordering it I have been more and more excited over the thought of riding again. I hope by the end of the year my weight will be back to normal. It seems that now that I don't smoke I am more interested in active things. I want to play tennis, I want to ride, I want to swim, I want to.... Hang Glide!!! Oh yeah, I'm ready to live life now! Who's with me?!! My Milage: My Quit Date: 5/3/2007 Smoke-Free Days: 146 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,650 Amount Saved: $511.00 Life Gained: Days: 22 Hrs: 14 Mins: 28 Seconds: 8 Nobody smokes anymore! [/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $885.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: