Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Oxygen Backpack? Not me!

16 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
...that is exactly one of the reasons my meter is where it is. Not for me! Peaceful Blessings... Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 536 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,492.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post! My Mom had the oxygen tank. She quit smoking at 60 and it was too late. She had emphasema. It didn't stop her children from smoking. We used to go out the back door and smoke because you couldn't smoke in the house because of the oxygen. She warned us all. We were still lucky, as she lived to be 80, and passed on in 1999. I am sure she would be very proud that I finally quit and that almost all of my siblings have. It is human nature to think it won't happen to us, but yes it does happen all too often. Just More reasons to quit for good! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 170 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,793.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, do not feel bad about this post. For me it was good to put out there my background. Selfish on my part, don't know, but at least when I speak maybe some will understand where I come from and others know when I speak it is from the heart and I do care. You did a good thing. The post give all of us pause. That person in the wheelchair with the oxygen is sending everyone who sees her is sending a message. It is up to us to do with it what we may. Some will be shocked and disgusted others with have emthapy. Most of us here understand. Thanks for sharing it with us. (((HUGS))) Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $342.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, You are ok and at 113 days heavens. Let's get up tomorrow and enjoy the day. Hey, how about some remodeling, tea, coffee, celery, carrots, walking, bottled water... Get the most out of each and every day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 576 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,168.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 105 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, You are a kind spirited person who has fought hard for the success of this quit. Your story is inspiring and the fact that you shared it may save someone's life. I'm glad you are here. You add character to this site. The good Lord above has plans for all of us. We do our best and move forward. Tomorrow is promised to no one. There has been really good dialog on these boards today. Thanks for sharing everyone. It helps at times to step back and reflect on what it is that we are really doing around here. We are winning the war against an addiction. A war that has so many victums. One day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 781 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,733.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, it sparked an excellent dialogue and maybe through that opened some eyes, that is what great posts do - the provoke conversation that starts awareness. Sparky, like Unhooked said, we are doing everything we can, now, one day a time my friend. I think we are amazing people. All of us. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I originally posted this, I had no thought about how people might respond. It now seems somewhat insensitive and I'm sorry about that. However, perhaps it was cathartic for some. I hope so. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 981 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,433.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 138 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$54,693.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 21

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry Rusty I don't mean to take over your post. In my earlier post I forgot to mention that my sister, my best friend, had quit for 13 years. My other sister didn't and my brother smoked until the day he died. So the argument that I had going was. Well my sister quit for 13 years and it still got her and my other sister didn't stop until it got her, sooooooooooooo why quit? That argument has been going on for a long long time. Kita you mentioned fear. Well I have now past the age where my older sister found out she had cancer, now if I can go till Feb of next year I will have passed my other sister. It took over my thoughts for a very long time. Somehow passing that date and this quit I really don't think about it very often. And I got a ways to catch my brother. Anyway what I am saying I am not as fearful as I use to be. I am quit and trying to live a healthier life and make a difference wherever I can. Again, Rusty sorry. (((HUGS))) :blush: Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $339.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a very "REAL" post. I hope people take notice at the affects and realize that smoking WILL kill. It doesn't care who you are, how long you have smoked, or how old you are. One of the things that got me through some of the early days was going to the web sites that show pictures of real people and the affects of their smoking diseases. A tough reality check for many. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 781 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,733.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everytime we would see someone with a tank my husband (a never smoker) would tell me that will be you someday. I used to be able to dismiss him without a thought but a year or so ago I began to think he may just be right. My answer usually would be one of I have already done the damage why quit now. I guess as we get older we develop more fear. I am in fear evertime I go to the doctor that they will tell me my time is up. I decided to do something about that fear and quit. Now it may be to late for me as I am no kid but I hope my actions can help spread the word even if it is only in my small circle of friends children. I don't want to be that backpack user and I certainly don't my the younger generation to repeat my mistakes. Sparky I understand where you are I am there with you. :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $994.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: