Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Why don't they list edgy as a side effect?!?!?!?!?!?!?

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Jess, there is nothing worse, than an injured recovering male in the house, moaning and groaning on the sofa.(Sorry my male SSC Budds, but it is true) When we're ill we still have to cook, clean and chase kids. No wonder you're grouchy! Invite some of his friends over to babysit him while you go out! You'd be amazed at how quickly they recover when another male enters the house!(Teehee) :) PS That'd be 32 years experience talking here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,909.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol Jessica.....All I can say is...GREAT Reven...I mean, Reward!!! lolol -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,108.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Could you only imagine if the the 6 wives of henry viii all quit smoking at the same time. :8o: Don't worry Jess, you will get through it. Took me a few months though, come to think of it, when I was a smoker I was kinda cranky too. I think it was when I needed a cigarette. So that must have been about 30 times a day. Gosh I'm glad I quit! I suppose now I could start being nice,..... well maybe to some people anyway. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $423.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol!! jessica, I am afraid now that you really might kill that man! I'm not sure yiou should do that. BUT, I know a guy who knows a guy... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,199.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 18...yeehaw. Anyway, I'm crabby, REALLY crabby, and more than a little irritated to be awake already this morning. You see, THERE IS A REASON PEOPLE SLEEP!!! But thankfully my husband, bless his stupid heart, KNEW that 4 hours was WAY MORE than I needed, so when the cat meowed because she was locked in the bedroom he kindly "accidentally" shoved his elbow into my back. 4 times. By the way, I should mention that HE shut the bedroom door last night. Oh, and the fact that HE said she was in the living room when I brought up the subject of her getting locked in. I believe that he is truly allergic to thinking. And listening. So now I am going to go into the living room and watch my movie that arrived this morning - the 6 wives of henry viii. Now this is going to be extremely beneficial for more than 1 reason! I am a nerd, admittedly, and this was my favorite Masterpiece Theater, I am addicted to learning about this horrible man, and I will have the tv tied up for the next 540 minutes. I should also mention that I paid $60 for this and forgot to tell him. HA! Alright everyone, I'll be back in 8 hours woohoo!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75.78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did I miss this thread? Very very funny, Jessica. Hang in there. Men! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jessica, totally awesome you are hanging tough - good for you. Coping with your DH, in the house, laid up - wow...rates along with my Mum being here for 5 weeks in our tiny house during our quit and on vacation with us when the cat pooped in the car on the hottest day of the year...sorry.....you know what I mean, we all have things, we have to deal with - yours sucks, GOOD for YOU coping with it with out a ciggie. You are 17 days now, that Nictoine is long gone, what you are dealing with now is mental. I feel your pain. It is a full moon, there are man-periods abound. I am ready to win the lottery and run away. Who has a boat? Sue stay close Jessica, we are here to help okay? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jessica, sounds like a toughie to me. Getting out for a walk sounds like a great idea. Maybe explaining to him how you feel about him smoking around you constantly. Time will fly and soon enough he will be back at work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �201.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe there's some sort of middle road which isn't quite that extreme!?! You've got to practice detachment and stay cool. If his being around is annoying you can't you go out? I dunno. Must be some way of getting round this but you have to remember that your judgement will be impaired because you are so very new into your quit. The main thing really is that you stay firm in your own quit and that takes a lot of resolve in these difficult circumstances so just come on here a lot and get it out of your system. Good luck Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �770.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm, it appears that your choices are kill him or smoke with him. Tough one, good luck with it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,188.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: