Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

HOW FAR ?

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isn't it great to look back and see all the baby steps and giant leaps we've made!!! Keep looking forward...the freedom is worth every step. Pat :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $980 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$120,902.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 962 Hours: 22

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HiCallMeMomMom - Congrats Pal ! I don't post as much as when I first quit, but I really enjoy a lot of the older quitters posts. I read some of my own as well, thinking that "wow, I forgot about that one". I encourage the new quitters to spend time looking through them via the search available on SSC. I realize that new quitters are having a hard time and sometimes are very focused on posting to other new quitters, but it's amazing the information you find out from someone who has paved the way ahead of you. It always inspired me to keep moving forward . Cheers, CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 378 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1323 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is why it's such a great idea to keep a quit journal.....and it's never too late to start one! Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1918 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76,745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10932.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 253 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$158,917.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5341 Hours: 18

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MomMom, Congratulations on recognizing how far you've come! You're doing great! Yes, I've gone back and read my OLD posts quite a bit. In fact, I highly recommend adding all of your old posts to your favorites so they will be close at hand anytime you want to read them. I also copied a lot of mine to my quit diary so I could see how far I'd come that way. I think going back and seeing how far we've come is an important step to reaching freedom. Sometimes we don't realize that we've made any progress at all until we go back and look at the old posts and see for ourselves what progress we've made. Congrats on reaching that point and figuring out that very important key to keeping the quit! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 658 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,465 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2717.54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you realize how far you have come on your journey to be a non-smoker? Do yourself a favor, go back to your earlier posts. You know, the ones when you first joined the site! It may take a bit of work to find them, but go on, give it a try. I read mine, and it�s amazing to me that I was so insecure in my ability to fight this addiction! I didn�t have a lot of faith in myself, and I was counting on all of you to do most of the work for me. It seems like I was trying to set myself up for failure! I went looking for second hand smoke, I was keeping a couple cigs hidden in reserve, had lighters hidden in my car... Yeah, I wanted to quit, right? Okay, so you all helped me see how I was hurting myself and my quit. Guess what! I am still amazed....at my strength, my resolve, and yes, my commitment to never smoking again. NOPE! I have no ashtrays, no hidden stash, and no doubt that I will never smoke again. I feel great, I can walk, talk, and breathe (all at the same time!), I can climb 2 or 3 flights of stairs without pausing, I can ride for hours in the car without thinking about a smoke, and many other things that I took for granted or thought I could never change or overcome. I really don't miss smoking as much as I thought I would. Go look and see where you started, and compare it to where you are now! While you are reading your old posts, you will no doubt think of one of your mentors from this site who has helped you through the tough times. Then go read their early posts.... Enjoy your quit! I love mine! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: