Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,484 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Husband quit too -- he is such a grouch!!!

17 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is hard enough quitting by yourself, but living with the one person who usually is so supportive when he's quitting too, now that's a challenge. I know he is struggling , as he is older and has smoked for longer and smoked more per day. But, he is such a grouch and has been biting my head off just out of the blue. At first I was handling it okay, but I guess now my emotions are all out of whack and he is starting to hurt my feelings. How do I ignore that without becoming cold? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it's a wonderful sign that he is a perfect CRANK. If he all of a sudden turns nice right now, get suspicious. Not really, but it is a good sign that he is dealing with a quit. It's not easy for anybody, it can get downright ugly. He needs to be nice to himself, you need to be nice to yourself and you both need to be as nice as possible to each other or at least not mean. This will all pass. Let each other do what you each have to do to protect your quit. It won't last long. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sugarnose I have been quit ages and I am STILL snappy with Jen my wife.. It IS getting better Its very unfair and she gets it all(You dont know me I am a bit of a clown!). Believe me sweetheart he doesnt mean it and you need patience(Lots) Phil(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 157 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �824.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sugarnose, This is common among couples who quit together. Try to sit down and set aside some ground rules. Some couples find it helpful to take five minutes away from each other before talking through the issue at hand. Again, you're both learning how to cope with life stressors and this will take time. Keep trying to be patient and use rewards to lift your moods. Keep persevering! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take some deep breaths. REALLY deep breaths. Drink plenty of water and practice distracting yourself from the situation. This is your quit and your husbands is his. You each have to go through this in your own way. Keep in mind that what you are going through right now is only temporary and it will pass. Do not take anything too personally and whatever you do, don't light up. Congratulations to both of you on your decision to quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 559 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1956.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let him vent; but tell him how you feel. He needs to realize that you are going through the same withdrawals that he is. Make a pact to try and be nice to each other. Hang tough; you all can make it together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $423.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$90,808.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 5

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: