Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,488 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

If you're going through hell...

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
great post shevie thanks happy new year lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �276 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$113,510.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 6

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Shevie. Very appropriate for those currently in hell week. Don't give in, reach out for help instead. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had to bump this because that is what I have just gone through, HELL. Yes, some of you know I did buy a pack of smokes once my husband got home. NO i can honestly say I did NOT smoke. I was talked through the process to dump them in the toilet. That is the hell I went through. I was way beyond thinking that a smoke would not solve my problems. Thanks for the few who had to hold my hand over the past week. I wont mention them but they should know they saved my quit because now I finally understand how someone could easily start back up. Once you hit the point of no return, there is no return unless you reach out and have someone hold your hand through it. I learned a valuable lesson and know I will struggle for the next few weeks until I can stand on my own once again. Heck I looked at my meter and cried knowing I came way too close to loosing those days that I am so proud of. THANK YOU all of you here on SSC. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $846.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post Shevie......being the country lover that am, I love it :) For all you new quiters...this is so true.....hang in there..it does get better !!!!!! [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 490 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,881 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2200.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Part of a Rodney Atkins song that really sums up an early quit: [i][b] Well I been deep down in that darkness I been down to my last match Felt a hundered different demons Breathing fire down my back And I knew that if I stumbled I'd fall right into the trap that they were laying, Yeah But the good news Is there's angels everywhere out on the street Holding out a hand to pull you back upon your feet The one's that you been dragging for so long You're on your knees You might as well be praying Guess what I'm saying If you're going through hell Keep on going, Don't slow down If you're scared, don't show it You might get out Before the devil even knows you're there Yeah, If you're going through hell Keep on moving, Face that fire Walk right through it You might get out Before the devil even knows you're there [/i][/b] Happy New Year, everyone. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 587 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,757 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2230.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: