Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Yesterday once more..

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for sharing Phil. I never get tired of these stories...It just put's it right in front of me why I can never smoke again. I don't want to be like that!!!! Keep sharing!!!! (((((HUGS))))) Will you wear the speedo when I get on the cruise ship....PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 801 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can feel the nic dependency of your friends. I can understand it - it's desperate. On the flip side, can these stories tell us anything positive about the human race (albiet misguded in these examples)? These guys live totally irrelivent of their lives, living beyond their physical capabilities. If they can do that for the sake of nicotine, shouldnt' it stand true that we can do it in forsaking nicotine? P.S. What would you do if we did tell you that we are fed up with your stories? Hopefully noth'n different. Keep 'em comm'n. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 247 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just now read this post Phil... And it is simply bewildering to me how people in such desperate situations will still NEED the NIC. As you know my dad was exactly the same way practically right up to the end. In fact when they admitted him to the hospital for the last time, he made his wife go to the drugstore and buy him the 21 mg patch so that he could still get a FIX. Btw.. You just mentioned this thread on another thread and that's when I did the search. Keep writing Phil.. the serious stuff and the fun stuff too.. I find you quite enjoyable :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $414 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phil :) That reminds me of a friend of mine. She's 62 and has already lost one breast to cancer and is having radiation treatments for a second attack, this time on the other one. She still smokes and won't even talk about quitting. It's a shame, but she knows the risk she's taking. She even finds subtle ways to mock my efforts to quit. I refuse to take on any guilt feelings for her behavior. McLaughlin, you are so right about this site being a place to come to find solidarity with others following the same hard road we are traveling. It's a really big help to know others are feeling the same things and we are not alone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keith me too mate I was furious last night... Went to bed and was dreaming I was stuck in a room with 2 smokers! Cheers Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �666.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
If you get fed up with my stories tell me but they are true.. 2 things yesterday 1.A friend of mine(66) who has had a leg amputated through smoking called to make sure I was calling in at the local bar.Why? because he cant get his wheelchair in and out without help. 2.Another friend (55)who is a solicitor was in the bar.Couple of months ago he was rushed to hospital with chest pains and breathing problems.Kept in for observation for 3 days and told never to smoke again. He recently went to Thailand for his holidays and had to have a wheelchair at the airport as he had no breath.He has oxygen beside his bed. He lit a cigar in front of me last night BECAUSE HE NEEDED THE NICOTINE! AND YOU WOULD EVER THINK ABOUT SMOKING AGAIN!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �666.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Thanks imc I joke around but I do get serious when annoyed! Phil
Sharon together that is the answer! Phil xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �666.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
K I will wear whatever you like just be on that ship! Phil xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �666.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil As you can see you're not alone. We all know stories like this. We were lucky enough to realize that it was time to get out before we became one of these sad tales. Thanks for sharing these with us. We can only hope they too find their way some day to the other side of the fence. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: